Building new computer on a budget

Tylerpugsly

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
Hello, I giving my bro my computer and building a new one so we both can play Rift. I have a Huge Case, Power supply, and Blue ray disk drive. I need that rest and i play on spending around 1k for it i was thinking about spending a little more so i can get that new sandy intel cpu i been reading about but every one say should wait for that for new mother board.

So if any one got any ideas that could help me. Rift would be the only game i play other than that my computer is just used to watch alot of anime and converting video files.

You could 1000$ build, I think since you have some of the more expensive/key parts of the build it'd be much cheaper, like a 700$ budget could do it. Do you OC though?

If you do:
i5 2500K
Asrock Extreme4 P67 (Once the P67 is fixed)
And the rest (GPU, HDD/SDD, ETC ETC) is in the guide in my siggy.

For a one trick pony and with recommeded specs
http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?7166-Rift-System-Specs

Recommended System Specification
Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or 7
Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or better
Memory: 4 GB
Hard disk space: 8.0 GB available
Desktop Video: Nvidia GTS 250 or better
Notebook Video: Nvidia GTX 200M series or better
Sound: DirectX 8.1 compliant card
DirectX®: 9.0c, June 2010 update
Broadband internet connection (DSL, cable modem or other high speed connection)

Toms Dec 2010 $500 USD SBM
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-a-pc-overclock-athlon-ii-x3,2811.html

would be good to go ^^

Tylerpugsly

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
I was going to overclock what ever i got a little would do alot but i don't wana water cool it. And that $500 is cheap but i don't think it would last a while. Or i could be wrong. And for rift I would like to play it on Max lol. Got use to playing aion on max.

Tylerpugsly

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
Ya that sounds good to me would love to overclock it to 5. Would be fast as hell lol. The mother board you were talking about the Asrock Extreme4 P67 so by your post and the lack of seeing them on newegg and amazon they got recalled or somthing?