Hyper 212+ model no. confusion

abu46

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
i want to buy an cooler master hyper 212+ cpu cooler, but the thing is that in my region i am getting the model with wire clip version (part no. RR-B10-212P-GP)
while there is another version with fan brackets (part no. RR-B10-212P-G1).

my worry is that is it ok to go with wire clips version as i have have been told that since the fan is secured to heatsink via clips it tends to vibrate and also that it is difficult to mount a 2nd fan for push-pull config.

Solution
bingo
The clip itself fixes rather tight to the cooler, really applying pressure on those pads.
Been using this cooler for 3 month's now and not a single sign of sound / vibration till date.

soest009

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
Hi Abu46,

I have the wire clip version, the in box fan is delivered with rubber pads on the edge's just to counter this possibility.
Unfortunately i did not discover extra rubber pads for a future 2nd fan, and as i am not using a 2nd fan i cannot directly tell you if vibration and thus sound will take place.
However i would suggest to place pads yourself just to be sure.

Apart from that, a great cooler and silent as well.

abu46

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010

thnx for the quick reply

so the fan is tightly secured by the clips and if i run it with stock fan there is no question of vibrations, right

soest009

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
bingo
The clip itself fixes rather tight to the cooler, really applying pressure on those pads.
Been using this cooler for 3 month's now and not a single sign of sound / vibration till date.

Solution

Wampbit

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Just as an addendum, I have a PC running with a 212+, and I have removed the rubber pads from the fan (a lot of assembling/disassembling made their extra-fiddly nature when installing irritating), and even in this configuration the fan is secure and does not vibrate.

soest009

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
wel for cpu the cooler mentioned in the thread just stock fan on it.
One sucking fan lower front of the case, 2 sucking fans side of the case (air into casing)
One blowing fan upper top and one blowing topside of case.
All casefans are cm ultra quite blue led fans

I've got both types (wire and plastic clip) and both seem to work fine. Load temps on my PII 940 are low 50's C, X6 are low to mid 40's C (I think), and i5 are mid to upper 50's. Clocks are 3.0GHz for the X4 and X6 and 3.5 GHz for the i5. All three of my 212+'s are different. One has the wire clip and one has to excess TIM channels in the base. All use the stock fan with reasonably ventilated cases.