P5ql pro motherboard frozen at setup

snowghost

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Hello,

Currently my PC is stuck at the motherboard set up screen. It does not give any beep indications of faulty hardware or such. It is just stuck at the p5ql pro motherboard splash screen. I attempt to enter the set up screen by pressing DEL and the other options below. Nothing goes through.

Anyone one know how I can fix this or is the motherboard a goner?

specs:
Asus p5ql pro motherboard
4GB Ram
EVGA 9800 GT graphics card

Here is an image of where it is just frozen:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/mbp5pro.jpg/

snowghost

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009

No I haven't. I changed the graphics card a long time ago after a faulty one died on me. As far as the BIOS go I am pretty sure they are up to date. It was working perfectly last night. It wasn't till I came home today and attempting to get on and it would not start up.

snowghost

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009

The computer is a little over 3 years old. I will attempt what you suggested. I hope it works.

Akashdeep

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011

I must wonder about the keyboard(new!) and mouse(new!) which hanged your PC just at BIOS. If you hear the sounds of driver issue at BIOS, then somebody else may be able to help you.

A lie can't find an answer. When I asked you have you made any hardware change, you said the above. Isn't it contradictory that you say something in one post and something else in other? ;)