Sign in with
Your question

P5ql pro motherboard frozen at setup

Last response: in Motherboards
January 13, 2012 11:42:32 PM

Hello,

Currently my PC is stuck at the motherboard set up screen. It does not give any beep indications of faulty hardware or such. It is just stuck at the p5ql pro motherboard splash screen. I attempt to enter the set up screen by pressing DEL and the other options below. Nothing goes through.

Anyone one know how I can fix this or is the motherboard a goner?

specs:
Asus p5ql pro motherboard
4GB Ram
EVGA 9800 GT graphics card

Here is an image of where it is just frozen:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/mbp5pro.jpg/
a b V Motherboard
January 13, 2012 11:47:46 PM

Have you updated your BIOS?

Did you make any hardware change?
m
l
January 13, 2012 11:54:52 PM

Akashdeep said:
Have you updated your BIOS?

Did you make any hardware change?

No I haven't. I changed the graphics card a long time ago after a faulty one died on me. As far as the BIOS go I am pretty sure they are up to date. It was working perfectly last night. It wasn't till I came home today and attempting to get on and it would not start up.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
January 14, 2012 12:08:55 AM

Unplug the Mobo power cable connected with PSU and unplug the RAM sticks too. Then plug again. How long you are using the CMOS battery?
m
l
January 14, 2012 12:11:57 AM

Akashdeep said:
Unplug the Mobo power cable connected with PSU and unplug the RAM sticks too. Then plug again. How long you are using the CMOS battery?

The computer is a little over 3 years old. I will attempt what you suggested. I hope it works.
m
l
January 14, 2012 12:48:10 AM

Nothing. I tried what you said and it didn't help. I might need to go buy a new motherboard =[
m
l
January 14, 2012 1:16:37 AM

Well, I just unplugged the new keyboard and mouse I bought and it worked. Sounds like driver issues...

Going to double check for updates for my motherboard
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 14, 2012 1:28:28 AM

snowghost said:
Well, I just unplugged the new keyboard and mouse I bought and it worked. Sounds like driver issues...

Going to double check for updates for my motherboard

I must wonder about the keyboard(new!) and mouse(new!) which hanged your PC just at BIOS. If you hear the sounds of driver issue at BIOS, then somebody else may be able to help you.

snowghost said:
No I haven't. I changed the graphics card a long time ago after a faulty one died on me. As far as the BIOS go I am pretty sure they are up to date. It was working perfectly last night. It wasn't till I came home today and attempting to get on and it would not start up.

A lie can't find an answer. When I asked you have you made any hardware change, you said the above. Isn't it contradictory that you say something in one post and something else in other? ;) 
m
l
!