Solved

Random Shutdowns under load

Hey forum i am having random shutdown issues that i have determined are not temp related so we can rule that out, i have also replaced the psu and it still happens so that is not the cause.
The shutdowns only happen under load and are usually random but can usually be reproduced using occt's power supply test for about 10 minutes but will also happen in game, as far as i can tell theese shutdowns only happen under load while my i5 is overclocked above 4 which was determined by my Asus motherboard thanks to auto tune to be an easily stable OC.
I am pretty much out of ideas aside from to think that maybe my i5 really isnt stable at 4.3ghz any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

my system specs are :
i5 2500k cpu/Coolermaster v6 cpu cooler
asus p8p67 pro motherboard
g.skill sniper 8gb ddr3
msi gtx 570
mushkin joule 1000W psu
WD caviar black 1tb
Coolermaster haf x case
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about random shutdowns load
  1. Best answer
    no, i think either you have unregulated current that is damaging your psu or you have a mobo problem.
    Try changing the looking at the mobo for leaked capacitors.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=leaked+capacitors&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1440&bih=799
  2. well i have my pc plugged into a power bar not direct into the wall, ill check my mobo for thoose leaky capacitors
  3. so i unplugged it from the power bar and into the wall and now no shutdowns...who would have thought it was that easy. only thing is now im scared that having it not plugged into a power bar makes it vulnerable to surges due to power outages.
  4. any surge protector suggestions?
  5. Cheap UPS is far better than surge protector and not that expensive if you already shelled out ££££ on the pc.
  6. kk thanks, ill look into it.
  7. Best answer selected by cheeseborger.
Ask a new question

Read More

Components