Nosferatu

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2004

Lat me first describe the situation. I am playnig Enforcers and was
attacking Fed homeworld in about turn 15.

My fleet consisted of:
10 Maxims, 10 Arbitrators, 5 Judgements, 2 ranger stations and 1 pax +
6 wings. Purpose was to destroy the defending fleet and land 300 000
troops and 1000 HG to capture the world. Of course I used the settings
"do not attack ground targets" and "avoid ground base" for all to avoid
the base Ion cannons and not to harm a base that should be mine in few
turns (I have a rebel allye who could remove the shield if I wanted
to).

Pax, Maxims and arbitrators (which had all setting of stay at 700km
distance) stayed out of planet firing range but the fighters and bigger
ships went straight on top of the base to kill the Fed ships. I did not
recieve any fire from the base - Ion cannons did not fire because of
base shield, but is this same for AA guns?? What about if he decides to
drop the shield next turn and use the Ion cannons and blow my ships
with "no ground targets" to the oblivion without my expensive ships
returning fire, before my ground troops take the base out. So the
questions are:

- Does the avoid ground base work for ships still
- Do the fighters stay out of the AA gun range if "ground strike" is
OFF
- Is it now so that the bases fire only targets which are firing at it.
If so what about a fleet which has one ship or Wing "fire ground" ON
and rest OFF. Do the ground devices fire then on every ship on top of
the planet or only the one attacking them.
- Are the AA guns also OFF if the base shield is ON

- Does the avoid ground base work for ships still

------ dont know..

------- nope but they will not be shot at by base AA

- Is it now so that the bases fire only targets which are firing at it.

If so what about a fleet which has one ship or Wing "fire ground" ON
and rest OFF. Do the ground devices fire then on every ship on top of
the planet or only the one attacking them.

------ only ships and figthers with ground attack on will shoot and be
shot at by the ground base.(based on the VCR )

- Are the AA guns also OFF if the base shield is ON

----- good question. my bet is no its still on. (since fighters can
still shoot through base shields anyway)

That sounds like quite a bit by turn 15.