Sign in with
Your question

Asus m2n e sli bios problem

Last response: in Motherboards
January 14, 2012 4:28:08 AM

I recently picked up an old used system with m2n e sli and a 4450e processor to toss something together for my kids to do FB and what not on. I started playing with it, and couldn't do much to overclock the processor, so I tried to flash the Bios. During the Bios flash, my 2 year old saw the shiny power button and decided that he had to push it. Now the motherboard has no post beeps, and I'm getting no video(this is with a 9500gt video card, no on board video on the motherboard). To get this system to work, I'm going to have to rob the power supply, video card, and cpu heatsink/fan out of one of my other systems.... I'm getting long winded here, basically my question is this:
A. Does the crash free bios allow me to install a new bios from a usb flash drive.
B If I can't do A, are there any other options to make this a workable system, short of buying a new motherboard. I just spent about 1700 dollars on a new gaming rig, and my wife would have a fit if I tried to start buying components for the one i want to get working for the kids.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 87 V Motherboard
January 14, 2012 8:33:55 AM

If there's a comp repair shop close by you could always get a new ROM Chip for the mobo which would already be flashed with the new BIOS. Other than that , I doubt it.But it will certainly be cheaper than getting a new mobo.
I have to M2N's, one's gone blink, dunno, if you need I can get the ROM chip out and send it across if that was a possibility. But, preferably go to the shop. :) 
m
l
January 14, 2012 4:32:03 PM

alyoshka said:
If there's a comp repair shop close by you could always get a new ROM Chip for the mobo which would already be flashed with the new BIOS. Other than that , I doubt it.But it will certainly be cheaper than getting a new mobo.
I have to M2N's, one's gone blink, dunno, if you need I can get the ROM chip out and send it across if that was a possibility. But, preferably go to the shop. :) 

I can pick up a motherboard for about 50 bucks, but I thought the crash free bios was supposed to eliminate the need for replacing the ROM when something like this happens, I just don't know how I'm gonna flash it, and don't want to go through the trouble of moving everything over unless there is a reasonably good chance of this working.
m
l
!