Best Case?

leveljumper

Distinguished
May 11, 2011
I'm looking to get a new computer (probably pre-built through Cyberpower/ibuypower since when I was individually pricing components with them vs newegg it wasn't going to be much cheaper to build it myself and I've got other things to do with my time in that case) and was wondering what kind of case to get. The situation I am in is that I currently have an HP Media Center PC that is too small to fit some of the newer (gigantic) video cards that are available. For this reason I am looking into getting a full tower case so I don't wind up in this situation again.

I was briefly considering the Level 10, but when looking into it further I'm not sure I really need to go in for that, as it seems there are better full tower cases for a fraction of the cost of that case. I'm looking around at case reviews and I see a decent number of people talking about the Cooler Master HAF 932 case, which seems like it might be a good deal and is also available on ibuypower. I have been told Lian Li makes good cases, but the only boutique builder I can find that offers their cases is ecollegepc, who I've heard good things about but the Lian Li cases they carry are midtower cases.

I was wondering if anyone can offer some guidance on this. Thank you for any feedback you guys can provide.

You won't need a full tower for just about any graphics card, unless it's a 5970 or something, and that would be a waste of money anyway (SLI>5970 or greater for value). Check the maximum card length of the case just to be sure, but it shouldn't be a problem.

leveljumper

Distinguished
May 11, 2011
I can't find anything where it will actually talk about the maximum card length on any cases. Also, Are the newer AMD/Nvidia cards smaller than the 5970? I was actually considering an SLI 560Ti or HD6870. I've had more problems with ATI/AMD branded cards in the past than Nvidia, though, so I was leaning more toward the Nvidia.

The 560ti is actually pretty short and will fit any mid tower. Maybe you should make a new build thread so people here can pick parts from elswhere and see if they can get a lower price, it can't hurt.

Tom's fit 2x 6950 10.9" in an antec 300 in the SBM $2k.
2011-sbm-high-q1_inside.jpg