Questions about host193

Last response: in Video Games
April 18, 2005 2:14:10 PM

1) Is it right that the CB market is dead now? Both the turn by turn increase and the randomly fluktuations are cut pretty much.

2) Have the gathering rates of surface Cb been cut?

3) Is it right that the effect of PSP has been cut in the past. I observed for the FED with 100 PSP a randomly fluktuation in
growth in the range 0-5%

4) Has somthing change in the distribution of stuff when mastering a game. I have the feeling that the native and CB stuff when
choosing abundant is to less. What are the ranges of stuff due to different setting for the planets when mastering a game?

5) I observed the growth going down behind size of 30M for the population (NO share ware). Is this still active or was it a side
effect of 190?

Thanks in advance

GFM GToeroe

More about : questions host193

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 2:12:24 AM

"Gabor Törö" <gfm@gtoeroe.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D 3vq6l$rov$03$1@news.t-online.com...

> 2) Have the gathering rates of surface Cb been cut?

Ok, this was then my work. It has been still remained the same:

The chance for finding peanuts is 0,725 - PSI/400
The chance for finding big nuggets is PSI/400 + 0,275

"Peanuts" is defined by the range from min to gap0 with

min = C/100k and
gap0= (5+CB/25)*C/400k.

With a chance of 0,725-PSI/400 a random value between min and gap0 is gathered from the surface.

"Big nuggets" is defined by the range from gap1 to max where

gap1 = MAX{ gap0; MIN[CB;200]*MIN[1;C/400k] } and
max = MAX{ gap1; MIN[1;C/400k] * IIF[ CB< 2000/7; CB; 3*CB/10+200] }

With a chance of 0,725 - PSI/400 a random value between gap1 and max is gathered from the surface.

The formulas should hold if CB is still greater than C/100k. The choice of the names gap0 and gap1 comes indeed from a gap
between peanuts range and big nugget range the occured gathered amounts for a wide range of CB and C.

As you see the gathered mean increase strongly with C up to 400k. Behind 400k there is still an increace but flater. So if you
have the choice of spending 800k colonists on more than one planets with the same type then spread them.
If the types are different then one have to check something...

Ok, maybe others adding their knowledge for the other questions?

GFM GToeroe
April 19, 2005 11:21:30 AM

I remember it was said that you now need 1 mill colos for max
gathering. I didn't find that in the host changes, though.
April 19, 2005 9:01:33 PM

Well, a quick sim with 1000 bases does not show that.

"Sparrow" <e.kueper@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1113920490.366019.66970@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> I remember it was said that you now need 1 mill colos for max
> gathering. I didn't find that in the host changes, though.

April 20, 2005 12:59:30 AM

Peanuts, nuggets and big nuggets? Gabor, you haven't been online for
too long in a single period? ;)

!