New Sandybridge system, any comments?

hero9989

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Hi, Looking at updating my PC. I currently have a big antec 900 case which is great, but I want to downsize slightly, this case barely fits in my computer desk and I'd like to be able to move it around the house more freely so for example I can move it to the big TV downstairs when playing games with other people around.

I already have from my old PC
Sapphire ATI HD5770 (I'll upgrade this eventually but for now it'll do)
Corsair TX750W PSU
500GB Hard Drive
DVD-RW Drive

So what I need is a new case (micro-ATX), CPU, Motherboard (again M-ATX), RAM and a compatible CPU cooler. These are the parts I've chosen (unless you guys strongly thing otherwise?) so far.
Case: NZXT Vulcan (most appealing case I can find, there don't seem to be many decent looking M-ATX cases)
CPU: i5 2500k (The only thing I'm certain about. Read amazing things about it, going with the K so I can overclock it)
Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M PRO (I love the graphical BIOS on the new ASUS boards, and I've read quite a few people have overclocked on it)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 (1600mhz - will this be ok with the i5 2500k whose memory controller can only do 1333mhz by default?)
CPU cooler... I don't really have much clue to be honest, not sure how hot the new sandybridge CPUs get when you overclock them, So yes I will want to overclock, though not stupidly high, I doubt I'll attempt much above 4Ghz and certainly won't be trying higher than 4.4Ghz.

What do you guys think about that system? Could I do anything better? the 4 things I'll be buying here, I have round about £450 to spend and FYI, I'm in the UK, so it'd be helpful if you linked to UK based sites if you're going to :)

Thanks in advance! :D

hero9989

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Are there any motherboards announced that will have the SATA fix or will current boards just be replaced by retailers on their sites with similar boards with the B3 chipset?