Sign in with
Your question

Soyo Dragon KT880 V2

Last response: in Memory
January 14, 2012 11:08:21 AM

My Soyo Dragon KT880 V2 will not recognize 4gs of memory; the specs said that it would. I bought 4 identical dual channel modules and it will only recognize 2gs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

More about : soyo dragon kt880

a c 146 } Memory
January 14, 2012 12:21:07 PM

Memory Type support.
Dual Channel DDR400/333/266 SDRAM
Memory Description
Four 184-pin DIMM sockets support up to 4GB
Supports PC3200/PC2700/PC2100 unbuffered and registered double side DIMMs

What is the total amount of RAM u trying to use?

Total could be 4GB. I dont think they support 4GB in one module.

If u tried more than 4GB, remove it and try only the 4GB module.
a b } Memory
January 14, 2012 2:18:42 PM

It seems pretty clear to me he's using 4x 1GB sticks....

No idea why it wouldn't work if you bought dimms that are the correct speed and voltage. It's so old though, who knows. I remember back in the day some boards would only take ram with chips on both sides. Then they came out with denser memory chips and they only had to put them on one side, and some of the motherboards would not work correctly with these single sided dimms with the denser chips.

January 16, 2012 9:27:13 PM

geekapproved said:
It seems pretty clear to me he's using 4x 1GB sticks....

No idea why it wouldn't work if you bought dimms that are the correct speed and voltage. It's so old though, who knows. I remember back in the day some boards would only take ram with chips on both sides. Then they came out with denser memory chips and they only had to put them on one side, and some of the motherboards would not work correctly with these single sided dimms with the denser chips.

Thanks for your reply.

They are 2 sided chips, but they are econo chips (Wintec Value 3VD4003U9-1gr). When I try to insert all 4 chips, it messes up the VIA CPU to AGP controller, it shows in DM with a conflict.
!