Graphics card for dell gx620 desktop

hi
friends i have dell gx620 desktop with psu 305 watt( i think ) plz recomend some nvidia graphics card for games memory is 2gb ddr2 plz help me i am beginner in gaming............. waiting for reply
19 answers Last reply
More about graphics card dell gx620 desktop
  1. What cpu do you have?

This'll run fine on your system: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102871&cm_re=5670-_-14-102-871-_-Product That's the highest I'd go.
  2. I already answered this in the other thread you made...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/304812-33-supported-graphics-cards-gx620

Just get that Radeon HD 5770 and that power supply and you might be fine, depending on which processor it came with.

Did it come with a Pentium 4 or a Pentium D?
  3. 3.2 Mhz in dell gx620 mini tower
  4. it is pentium 4
  5. hafiz48 said:
    it is pentium 4

Yeah... I'd upgrade the processor if I were you.

The motherboard is a socket LGA 775 which supports Core 2 Duos, but the best processor the GX620's bios supports is the Pentium D 960.

It still goes for ~$100 for some reason, which is a HUGE waste of money.

I say hurry and go for this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-Pentium-D-945-3-4-GHz-CPU-SL9QQ-4MB-CACHE-800MHz-/190479634870?pt=CPUs&hash=item2c597891b6#ht_2251wt_1139

I'm using the same processor right now, and it's perfectly fine with Windows XP.

Also, you never told us how much RAM your computer came with..
  6. ^+1
  7. If he goes with the 5770 and a power supply like I said, he could just move them to his new build when he makes it..
  8. ^ Only problem is that the GTS 450 doesn't have a single-slot variation. The GTS 250 does, but it's slower, hotter, and more power hungry than the dual-slot 250.

That's why I keep saying to go for the single-slot HD 5770. It's just $20 more than the single-slot GTS 250.

I think preference shouldn't be a factor when it comes down to performance for price. Why only go with a certain brand when the other is much better for a little more?
  9. Quote:
    how you know it won't fit.?

How do I know?

Like I said in dude's other thread, I'm using a GX 620 right now.

I've tried constantly to find ways to fit a dual slot card in it, but to no avail. The chassis is BTX, so everything is reversed, the PCI-E slot is at the left most bracket if you lay the computer down sideways, and the damn Dell CPU fan is so huge that it would block a dual slot cooler anyway.

Low profile single-slot cards are really the only option. I'm stuck with a Radeon HD 4550 in my computer right now because I couldn't afford any other single slot card that didn't suck as much as it did (though I did get it for only $25, so I guess I can't really complain)--this is the main reason I started that AM3 build thread; to find something better, because I hate being limited so much by the GX 620.

I doubt he would like a 4550, so I'm saying over and over to go with the 5770!
  10. ^ My bad if I came off too harsh.

I'm just really fervent about this topic because OP is in the same situation I was in not too long ago.
  11. its 2gb ddr2
  12. very very thanks dear i will go for it......................
  13. hafiz, what games will you be playing anyways?
  14. need for speed carbon undercover and shift
    max payne 3
    just cause 2
    gta 4 ballad of gay tony etc.............
  15. hafiz48 said:
    need for speed carbon undercover and shift
    max payne 3
    just cause 2
    gta 4 ballad of gay tony etc.............

Unless you like playing on reduced settings, the GT 240 ain't really gonna cut it. The processor is gonna slow things down a bit, but going with the Radeon HD 5770 that I suggested ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131330&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Video+Cards-_-PowerColor-_-14131330 -- the other thread was taken down) and this power supply ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-822-008&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo -- not too great, but more than enough for your computer; you can just buy a better one when or if you build a new PC later) will make things quite a bit better.

The GT 240 will more than likely struggle at running Just Cause 2 maxed, and GTA 4 is gonna suck on the GX 620 regardless because the processor is pretty bad.

If you go with the HD 5770 and build a new computer with a better processor later on, you'll be fine.
  16. then plz suggest some cpu and motherboard with least budget to run gta4 and just cause 2 type games plz........................
  17. He doesn't need the case, and there's still a graphics card missing.
  18. wiinippongamer said:
    He doesn't need the case, and there's still a graphics card missing.
    He does need a case. The GX 620 is BTX. Special motherboard, special CPU fan, and special chassis.

Only BTX boards will fit in the GX 620 case, but they don't even make those anymore; the ones that still exist suck ass, too.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Desktops Graphics Cards Dell Graphics Product