drboggner

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
I received a good build from a friend that he told me had a faulty video card. I replaced the card and found that i was still not receiving a display for the monitor. I removed the RAM from the mobo (also battery and pushed reset switch) and received a sound indicating no RAM. So if all other components are running (fans spinning, lights coming on, hard drives making sound, cd drive reading) but the monitor is not receiving a display is it a faulty CPU??

Sorry if this was not specific enough.. :sweat:

drboggner

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
MSI P6N Diamond mobo, Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 GHz CPU, Corsair H50 liquid cooler, 8 GB DDR2 RAM, ATI Radeon 5850, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, Antec 650 watt power supply, Toshiba 500 GB 7200 RPM main drive, Western Digital Caviar Black 160 GB second drive and a generic USB 2.0 plugged into an extra PCI slot.

soest009

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
I have seen report from other users the E8400 is working on a P6N Diamond, see msi forums:
http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=114173.msg%msg_id%

2 things you could still test.
Go back to basics, nothing connected except necessary stuff to get a system going:
Keyboard, video, psu, cpu, memory.

If this doesn't help swop out the cpu with a friend or have the cpu tested at a local store.

soest009

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
If it was running before then it should run now.
Odd thing is imo that you get bios beeps without memory and none with.
I would still go back to basics and test that rig from scrap like i said before.
If you have onboard video then use that rather then a expansion card.
And try to boot (if you have multiple memory sticks) to boot off one stick then multiple one's and switch them out as well.