Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Dell inspiron 1545 wont go into bios and asks for a password

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 14, 2012 2:10:41 PM

hi my inspiron 1545 boots up and aks for a password. It will not let me go into f12 or f2 settings.
when I type in anything at the requesting password screen I do not see anything being typed and then I an hit enter and it says paword failure try again. Even in I do not tyoe anything and jut hit enter it says invalid password. Can anyone help or is this a motherboard failure. thanks
a c 76 V Motherboard
January 14, 2012 2:28:46 PM

No, it's not mobo failure.
There are 2 levels of password security for the system. One is before the rig boots and the second one is after the rig boots.
You will need to take it to a service center, provide proof of purchase and they will help you out with the problem.
It basically needs the BIOS to be cleared/reset. And when it comes to laptops, that's a major pain. So it's better to visit a service center with it.

Best solution

a c 194 V Motherboard
January 14, 2012 2:31:44 PM

Quote:
hi my inspiron 1545 boots up and aks for a password. It will not let me go into f12 or f2 settings.
when I type in anything at the requesting password screen I do not see anything being typed and then I an hit enter and it says paword failure try again. Even in I do not tyoe anything and jut hit enter it says invalid password. Can anyone help or is this a motherboard failure. thanks

Sorry, but we can't help you at Tom's. We have no way to confirm you are the owner of the system. That being said, contact Dell for assistance (and be prepared to provide proof of ownership as alyoshika pointed out) or google your question elsewhere.

Related resources
a c 328 V Motherboard
January 14, 2012 2:35:07 PM

Agree 100% with COLGeek ^^^.

We cannot verify if you are the legit owner.
a c 328 V Motherboard
January 14, 2012 2:35:23 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
a c 328 V Motherboard
January 14, 2012 2:36:07 PM

Best answer selected by nikorr.
!