anyone use Zoombrowser?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
February 2, 2005 7:01:45 AM

I have photos in files in Zoombrowser that I'd like to delete. When I click
on the photo to delete it, it says it's unable to delete this file. Does
anyone know where to go to delete photos in Zoombrowser (which came w/ my
Canon PS200). TIA
Breean

More about : zoombrowser

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 4:46:07 PM

>From: "bb" bb@attbi.com
>Date: 2/1/2005 10:01 PM Central Standard Time

>I have photos in files in Zoombrowser that I'd like to delete. When I click
>on the photo to delete it, it says it's unable to delete this file. Does
>anyone know where to go to delete photos in Zoombrowser (which came w/ my
>Canon PS200). TIA

Have you tried using MS Windows Explorer? Go to the folder where the photo
file is located and delete the file.

Ron
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 6:26:17 PM

As a user of ZoomBrowser and Nikon View, I must say--I really dislike
Canon's software. Simple tasks like deleting a folder or doing a batch
resize of JPEGs for the Internet are WAY more difficult--if not
impossible--to do in the Canon software, while they're easily handled with
the Nikon software.

This is not a Nikon-praising or Canon-trashing thread per se, but I honestly
do find the Canon software very annoying to use with such things.

Yes you can do these things in Windows Explorer or you can do batch-resizing
with Infranview, but it's much handier to do it with the software you're
browsing your photos with. Why Canon's software doesn't have batch resize of
JPEG built right-in & makes it difficult just to delete a photo, I'll never
know. It's ascinine.

LRH

"bb" <bb@attbi.com> wrote in message
>I have photos in files in Zoombrowser that I'd like to delete. When I
>click on the photo to delete it, it says it's unable to delete this file.
>Does anyone know where to go to delete photos in Zoombrowser (which came w/
>my Canon PS200). TIA
> Breean

Related resources
February 2, 2005 6:27:59 PM

Thanks for your help, Ron. That helped me.

>>I have photos in files in Zoombrowser that I'd like to delete. When I
>>click
>>on the photo to delete it, it says it's unable to delete this file. Does
>>anyone know where to go to delete photos in Zoombrowser (which came w/ my
>>Canon PS200). TIA
>
> Have you tried using MS Windows Explorer? Go to the folder where the
> photo
> file is located and delete the file.
>
> Ron
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 11:18:59 PM

bb wrote:
> I have photos in files in Zoombrowser that I'd like to delete. When
> I click on the photo to delete it, it says it's unable to delete this
> file. Does anyone know where to go to delete photos in Zoombrowser
> (which came w/ my Canon PS200). TIA
> Breean

In any case i found this zoombrowser very odd program... from Canon stuff i
only use easy photo print. no need for setting printer propĀ¹erties, easy and
quick print.
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 2:21:25 AM

"Larry R Harrison Jr" <noone@noone.com> wrote in message
> As a user of ZoomBrowser and Nikon View, I must say--I really dislike
> Canon's software. Simple tasks like deleting a folder or doing a batch
> resize of JPEGs for the Internet are WAY more difficult--if not
> impossible--to do in the Canon software,

The current version (5.0) of ZoomBrowser EX does both of these tasks in a
very simple manner.
February 3, 2005 6:47:07 AM

You are so right. Thanks for your comments.
bb

"Larry R Harrison Jr" <noone@noone.com> wrote in message
> As a user of ZoomBrowser and Nikon View, I must say--I really dislike
> Canon's software. Simple tasks like deleting a folder or doing a batch
> resize of JPEGs for the Internet are WAY more difficult--if not
> impossible--to do in the Canon software, while they're easily handled with
> the Nikon software.
>
> This is not a Nikon-praising or Canon-trashing thread per se, but I
> honestly do find the Canon software very annoying to use with such things.
>
> Yes you can do these things in Windows Explorer or you can do
> batch-resizing with Infranview, but it's much handier to do it with the
> software you're browsing your photos with. Why Canon's software doesn't
> have batch resize of JPEG built right-in & makes it difficult just to
> delete a photo, I'll never know. It's ascinine.
>
> LRH
>
> "bb" <bb@attbi.com> wrote in message
>>I have photos in files in Zoombrowser that I'd like to delete. When I
>>click on the photo to delete it, it says it's unable to delete this file.
>>Does anyone know where to go to delete photos in Zoombrowser (which came
>>w/ my Canon PS200). TIA
>> Breean

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 12:34:08 PM

jfitz wrote:
> "Larry R Harrison Jr" <noone@noone.com> wrote in message
> > As a user of ZoomBrowser and Nikon View, I must say--I really
dislike
> > Canon's software. Simple tasks like deleting a folder or doing a
batch
> > resize of JPEGs for the Internet are WAY more difficult--if not
> > impossible--to do in the Canon software,
>
> The current version (5.0) of ZoomBrowser EX does both of these tasks
in a
> very simple manner.

I went to this page to download it:

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/software/zbex5-e/index.h...

I see plenty of descriptions of it, but no download link. How do you
download it?

LRH
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 7:38:52 AM

larrytucaz@yahoo.com wrote:

>jfitz wrote:
>> "Larry R Harrison Jr" <noone@noone.com> wrote in message
>> > As a user of ZoomBrowser and Nikon View, I must say--I really
>dislike
>> > Canon's software. Simple tasks like deleting a folder or doing a
>batch
>> > resize of JPEGs for the Internet are WAY more difficult--if not
>> > impossible--to do in the Canon software,
>>
>> The current version (5.0) of ZoomBrowser EX does both of these tasks
>in a
>> very simple manner.

>I went to this page to download it:

>http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/software/zbex5-e/index.h...

>I see plenty of descriptions of it, but no download link. How do you
>download it?

>LRH

Go to the Canon, USA site and find your way to the download
section. What you want is "consumer products".

There is a search window there with three places to make choices.
Pick digital cameras for the first one, EOS cameras for the second,
and I chose the "digital rebel" as the model.

That brought me to the appropriate "download library" page for
the Rebel. Pick "software applications and updates" and on the
page that comes up pick "English drivers" (you can't make this
stuff up...)

Then find the Zoombrowser EX 5 update on the page that comes up.

Good luck!

---- Paul J. Gans
February 4, 2005 9:59:56 PM

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.
bb

!