Sign in with
Your question

NEW Psu Problem

Last response: in Components
May 12, 2011 7:34:33 AM

Hello I bought a Corsair TX 750W off newegg and I installed it all properly to my motherboad then I turn it on, the fans go everything seems fine but I get no video, I have tried two different monitors, still no video, and when I plug in my OLD psu (thermaltake 450W) everything works like a charm

my comp

Windows 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT

3.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon X2 250 processor

Nvidia 8600 GT video card

asus M4A78-EM Motherboard

could it be anything but a RMA request?

heres a link to the PSU I bought http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : psu problem

May 12, 2011 7:38:56 AM

You double checked all cables that they where seated correctly?
Wouldn't be the first time i saw people connect stuff only half way ;) 

If you are sure everything was ok and double checked it, then logicly there would only be one solution yes... RMA
m
l
May 12, 2011 7:51:07 AM

if my hard drives are not plugged in I will still get video when I start comp correct? it just wont go past bios?
m
l
Related resources
May 12, 2011 7:53:37 AM

yes you would get a error stating there is no os, but will start past POST and bios first
m
l
May 12, 2011 8:02:10 AM

PSUs can just do that though? have everything start all fans and everything and just no video?
m
l
May 12, 2011 8:06:08 AM

yes if the psu if faulty and doesn't deliver the necessary voltages then a system can seem dead.
Looking at the fact that your old psu i powering up the system as it should and your new psu is way more powerful it's clear the fault is at the psu rather then the rest of the system.
m
l
May 12, 2011 10:07:18 AM

well I replugged in the PSU with no hardrives and I got video, then I plugged everything in again perfectly and the new PSU works so I dunno, maybe i had a loose cable the first time. I just hope it works after I get my new vid card haha

on a side note, it seems my speakers got louder? maybe its just my head....
m
l
May 12, 2011 10:14:56 AM

Your speakers getting louder after a psu change is next to impossible.
Think it's just you still recovering from all the silence of a non working rig xD
Hope all goes well from here, have fun with your new gfx card later on !!
m
l
!