Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Weird question?

Last response: in Systems
February 11, 2011 11:45:09 PM

Hey I was wondering if anyone has heard of an 8 pin to 4 pin cpu power supply adapter? I bought a corsair psu with a eight pin cpu connection and the motherboard I got has a 4 pin connection. I just spent an hour and a half putting this rig together to find this out. Totally should have read the info on the board and psu, but to late for that now. Anyways I've been looking online and can't seem to find an 8 to 4 adapter, I can find a 4 to 8 but that's not what I need. Any help would be great.

More about : weird question

Best solution

February 13, 2011 12:30:26 AM

fools79 said:
Hey I was wondering if anyone has heard of an 8 pin to 4 pin cpu power supply adapter? I bought a corsair psu with a eight pin cpu connection and the motherboard I got has a 4 pin connection. I just spent an hour and a half putting this rig together to find this out. Totally should have read the info on the board and psu, but to late for that now. Anyways I've been looking online and can't seem to find an 8 to 4 adapter, I can find a 4 to 8 but that's not what I need. Any help would be great.

I'm not positive about this, but can you simply plug in the first 4 pins of the 8 pin adapter into a 4 pin slot? I know the 20+4 pin power connectors are interchangable like that. I would say read the MoBo manual and see if it says anywhere that an 8pin can be used in the 4pin slot. Again, I'm not positive but I know the 20+4 and 24pin connectors are reversable like that.
February 14, 2011 3:28:52 AM

I was looking up info on this myself. I couldn't find information from msi about it, however corsair says to plug half of it in also.
m
l
February 14, 2011 3:29:01 AM

Best answer selected by fools79.
m
l
!