• Seasonic (and units manufactured by Seasonic)

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Antec

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • OCZ

• XFX

• Corsair

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • FSP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enermax

• PC Power & Cooling

• CWT designed

• Silverstone

• Total voters

omnisome

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
What do the people at Tom's Hardware regard as (generally) the best brand of PSU?

My friend said OCZ and I told him that's just not right. Of course, OCZ make some better units than they used to since they bought out PC P&P.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished
My first love is OCZ, of course there are better brand names and i consider OCZ as 2nd tier brand name.
Number 1 in my books should be Corsair, its better than Seasonic with the HZ series should be 1st in most gamers list
1 vote to OCZ.

I'd say Corsair.. Simply because they have a PSU for everyone.. Also, they have the least (if any) number of bad units inspite of having such a wide range.. I do find it commendable that inspite of not making units on their own, they still have a stringent supervision on the OEM's to deliver quality units.. Some how sums out their approach and mentality..

soest009

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
Despite i was a huge fan of CM but was given numerous remarks about CM i started some research and must say seeing overall reviews etc. that in the big picture Corsair really delivers.

bullwinkel

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
I'm pretty sure Seasonic manufactures the high end antec, corsair and XFX PSUs.

I'd say Seasonic because there's just no such thing as a bad Seasonic haha

etk

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
I like Seasonic

If you do some research you can find a less expensive unit that is just as good.

Or you could just buy a seasonic and save yourself the trouble.

Davcon, I think you are batting .500. No, never mind. I shouldn't use a baseball metaphor. .500 is a great baseball batting average.

I mostly agree with #1. I used to agree with #2. But I think Corsair quality has dropped on their less expensive lines.

Lol! fair enough bud.
So i guess you're referring to CX series,which in a very short time has a new revision V2.
Still can't knock Corsair for that,at least they make efforts to improve their units.
Unlike alot of well known companies that continue to release subpar products year after year.
Won't name names but i think we know who they are.