Sign in with
Your question

No help from Dell

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 12, 2010 4:43:05 PM

Was wanting to replace my Video Card in my Dell XPS 420 from the Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT it came with to a EVGA 01G-P3-1450-TR GeForce GTS 450 FPB Video Card - 1024MB GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0, Dual DVI, Mini HDMI, SLI, DirectX 11, Fermi, FREE Performance Boost Overclock to 822MHz. I tried to get answers from Dell if it is compatible but all they tried to do was sell me a different Video Card hehe... From the looks of the card it seems it will fit perfectly but since Im a total noob with computers I just wanted to pick some peoples brains : )

More about : dell

December 12, 2010 9:01:13 PM

Oh wow!!! Excellent! Well I play Warhammer Online <well I was> since release and all of a sudden when I go into game the thing freezes up on me and gets all pixel like and the sound kinda stutters ya know? Then in order for me to do anything I have to press the button on my tower in order to start the computer again. It will run fine if I am browsing and listening to the Media Player but as soon as I try to play Warhammer it freezes up. Also no problem watching movies and such, it only happens when I try to play my game :cry:  One of my guildmates said I may want to upgrade my memory also but Im pretty much clueless hehe... By the way thank you for the reply mate, it is MOST appreciated :D 
m
l
December 13, 2010 12:05:45 PM

Quote:
what are the rest of your system specs, how much RAM and what processor.?

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz 2.39 GHz

3.00 GB Ram
m
l
Related resources
December 13, 2010 2:16:23 PM

Quote:
windows 7 or windows vista and 32-bit or 64-bit.?

Oh Im sorry mate, its Windows Vista Premium Home and 32-bit : )
m
l
December 20, 2010 8:54:44 AM

Quote:
no overclocking in that model Dell so if your bent on keeping this unit for as long as possible and game;
then i suggest after your video card and RAM upgrade that you think about a processor upgrade too.
other than that it will be time for a new unit or new build.
take in mind that to upgrade the processor might be $200 because of the chips available.;
maybe a SSD will help improve gaming without the processor upgrade but who knows without seeing.

Thank you so much Mal, you rock mate!!! :sol: 
m
l
December 21, 2010 10:23:11 AM

Nothing quite yet mate, the wife insists that I wait to order my stuff after the holidays hehe.. But I am going to get the Vid card and and also upgrade the memory, I'll keep you informed as to my progress and how things are working out : )
m
l
!