Sign in with
Your question

2nd set of eyes

Last response: in Systems
February 12, 2011 1:25:44 AM

I'm about to pull the trigger on this tomorrow but if anyone would be so kind to double check everything is compatible. Things look good to me but a 2nd set of eyes would make me feel more relaxed.

Thanks for your time and your thoughts.

More about : 2nd set eyes

February 12, 2011 1:38:58 AM

How do you plan to run that Seagate Cheetah SAS HDD on that motherboard?
February 12, 2011 2:47:36 AM

Yeah, if you want to run that HDD you'll have to get a PCIe SAS card. I would pick out a different hard drive, since that one is an enterprise drive. WD Blacks are a pretty good choice, as are Seagate Barracudas.
Related resources
February 12, 2011 3:50:36 AM

Nice catch, I failed to notice that SAS. Replaced it with another Seagate. Already you guys have saved me a headache thanks. Here's a pic of the updated build, let me know if I missed anything else. Thanks folks.

February 12, 2011 2:27:06 PM

Uhhh, the 1.5TB drive you got is a 7200.11 drive, which has had a history of suddenly dying out on its users.

It's either go for a 7200.12 drive, or Caviar Black. Some would even suggest the Spinpoints.
February 12, 2011 3:21:11 PM

Ouch no no to the TT TR2 line of PSU

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Thermaltake-TR2-...
Quote:
Conclusions
Thermaltake TR2 RX 750 W is, according to our methodology, a flawed product that must be avoided at all costs. It can’t deliver its labeled wattage at high temperatures, but this is not the worst of it: ripple and noise level are way above the maximum allowed when you pull 80% or more from the unit’s labeled capacity (i.e., 600 W and above), overloading your components (especially electrolytic capacitors from the motherboard and video cards), which can cause your PC to present an erratic behavior (crashes and random resets) and, under extreme conditions, damage components.

Best explain in form of
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advic...
!