Sign in with
Your question

WIndows 7 OEM instal

Last response: in Systems
February 12, 2011 2:33:08 AM

hi,

first of all i know that this isnt new build but a lot more people check this section than windows 7. Heres my question... i just built a computer and i need to instal windows 7 64-bit oem. I got oem becasue people said that it would work the same. Do i just put the cd into the dvd drive to instal it or do i have to do all this other stuff before i do that.

thnaks

More about : windows oem instal

February 12, 2011 6:43:43 AM

You install it just like the retail version. Put it into the drive your on your way.
Related resources
February 16, 2012 12:25:06 AM

i did that, and it started to work correctly and then the power went out. now when i try to boot it says no image found. i went a bought new optical drive and same thing. do i have to buy a new windows now?
February 16, 2012 10:51:42 PM

anyone?
February 16, 2012 10:55:20 PM

blacksix said:
i did that, and it started to work correctly and then the power went out. now when i try to boot it says no image found. i went a bought new optical drive and same thing. do i have to buy a new windows now?

You should start your own topic and not try to piggy back some one else's but to answer your question i would guess that your bios needs changed to boot from the cd first then on to the hdd second. It keeps trying to boot from the hdd first that has an incomplete install.
February 16, 2012 11:09:23 PM

oh man, im not a freeloader. i am mereley plugging my own unanswered threads as i shared a similar problem to this gentleman. if you could help me out id refer to those, more detailed threads or i can provide you with any details on the problem.
!