Creating Secure Office Network - From Scratch

irocz106

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
I'm looking to have a network created for our non-profit office here to get them away from the 15 seperate offices that they currently have.

We would need secure storage for files with an admin account controlling access to folders, as well as a decent size file storage with backup onsite, and possibly at an offsite location as well as it is sensitive information.

We have approximately fifteen offices and would like the permissions to be accessed by one admin account.

What setup are we looking at and what is the most cost effective way that we can get this going while maintaining very strong security and reliability.

Features:

- internetwork communication through a messenger
- access to all folders via each office
- admin can access all
- hard drive with 1TB of data storage that is expandable
- network fully backed up with RAID3 for full redundancy

This is a start and if someone could give me an idea of a great affordable system that would be great!

Thanks

People probably have ideas, but to be honest, your looking at needing help from a professional company.

For a start your looking for remote network access which will need encryption if passing sensitive data, which is normally handled by hardware at each end.

irocz106

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
The fifteen offices are all in the same building. I made it sound as if it was a lot more complicated i think.

Any ideas on an economical office network setup for this?

I know there is a lot of people with info on here...