Sign in with
Your question

Changing motherboard latency

Last response: in Memory
January 14, 2012 10:05:40 PM

I currently have the ram: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-TW3X4G1333C9A-XMS3-DDR3...

Corsair TW3X4G1333C9A XMS3 4GB

It says it has a latency of 9-9-9-24, how will i be able to change my latency to this?
Cpu-z currently says:

Any recommendations of what i should do?
The ram is new and is running quite fast with a wei of 7.1.

Thanks! :) 
a c 128 } Memory
a c 435 V Motherboard
January 15, 2012 11:28:52 AM

You're talking to the right person (my ram is set to similar settings). Yesterday, I dropped my ram all the way to 800 from 1333 in manual mode and raised the cpu fsb from 200 to 270 for a decent overclock. Notice the lower timings. That's good. The lower the number, the faster the ram is running. Normally, when you lower the ram speed the motherboard will speed up the timings (lower numbers). The most important number is cpu fsb (the higher the better). My net ram speed changed from 667 to 540 in cpuz, but it doesn't matter as the timings and cpu fsb are faster. The whole system feels faster now. Try experimenting with your manual settings for ram speed and cpu fsb. I didn't have to raise the cpu voltage to run with these settings. Let the board choose the ram timings.
January 15, 2012 11:33:29 AM

o1die said:
You're talking to the right person (my ram is set to similar settings). Yesterday, I dropped my ram all the way to 800 from 1333 in manual mode and raised the cpu fsb from 200 to 270 for a decent overclock. Notice the lower timings. That's good. The lower the number, the faster the ram is running. Normally, when you lower the ram speed the motherboard will speed up the timings (lower numbers). The most important number is cpu fsb (the higher the better). My net ram speed changed from 667 to 540 in cpuz, but it doesn't matter as the timings and cpu fsb are faster. The whole system feels faster now. Try experimenting with your manual settings for ram speed and cpu fsb. I didn't have to raise the cpu voltage to run with these settings. Let the board choose the ram timings.

Thanks for the reply, i will try playing around with it safley
!