Sign in with
Your question

Will this wireless card work?

Last response: in Components
May 13, 2011 2:00:52 AM

hey guys,

i just got a new computer. the motherboard is a asrock p67 extreme 4. i have a spare wireless card (54mbs 802.11 b/g aircruiser g desktop adapter gn-wp01gs) and i was wondering if it would work/worth it?

or just get a new one? if so what one and how much (i live in aus, so aus site please/free shipping)

thanks

More about : wireless card work

May 13, 2011 7:39:30 AM

If you have the right slot for it and it hasnt been damaged it will work. Basically you asked if a pci (im assuming) nic will work with your motherboard if you built this computer you should already know the answer to this question.
May 13, 2011 8:41:01 AM

lol k. just wondering if it was too old or i should just invest in a newer one. i didnt build the comp according to that card. remembered i had it after i did it :p 
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
May 13, 2011 9:37:58 AM

as above said. if you have the rite slot for it and you can get the drivers for it. there is no reason why it shouldn't.
May 14, 2011 1:06:37 AM

yeah its a gigabyte one. honestly no idea if its w7 x64 bit compatible. but i will try later.

thanks guys
May 14, 2011 2:17:01 AM

its a gn-wp01gs. i chcuked it in and the drivers u gave me were off a diff version.when i tried to enable the adapter it would say enableing, then just still be disabled ill have a look around for this one
!