Just Booted My New Build

ja9g08

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
Im am running a core i7 950 on an ASUS x58 sabertooth motherboard.
In BIOS, none of my devices are being detected on the SATA ports.
They are all plugged in with a SATA data cable and power cable.
I can start a windows installation and then it tells me a required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing.
However when I browse for the driver I can see the blu ray drive I have and the device manual says there
is no need for driver installation. HELP!?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Jack

ja9g08

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
Its an LG CH10LS20 BD COMBO...I really don't understand because my windows boot disk is in there and it is starting the installation.
So confused why there is a missing CD/DVD driver.

ja9g08

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
May I add that the devices are connected to the SATA 6GB/s ports...could this be the problem? Do i need to boot on the 3GB/s SATA ports?

ja9g08

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
Well that was a waste of time...I moved by blu ray drive to SATA 3GB/s, same problem.
So I moved my hard drive to 3GB/s as well, same problem.
All that happened was the windows setup loaded slower from the 3GB/s port.
What now?

ja9g08

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
It says "no driver installation is required for this hardware" in the manual. I followed the instructions on the manual to the letter. I even looked for drivers on the software it came with just in case but there was none to be found.

Anyway, some progress, as an electronic engineering student I am a member of the microsoft msdn e-academy which means free windows 7. However it looks like when i downloaded the .iso something must have gone wrong because it is only 1GB in size? So I have requested an additional download...hopefully that will work. No wonder drivers are missing if all the code wasnt there!!!

I'll let you know if this solves the problem

ja9g08

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
Thanks for your help....now I am bored waiting for windows 7 and just want to run my new PC!!!!!!!

A quick question, In my BIOS it only lists SATA ports 1 to 6 which are all SATA 3GB/s, but not the two 6GB/s ports. Do you think this can be changed in a BIOS update?