Vista annoying memory problem

hi guys.
i am trying to play games with steam on my vista pc. whenever i get about a level into a game, it becomes minimized and vista says "low on physical memory." this is bull****. i have 32 bit vista, with 4 gb of ram installed. the system is only using 2.4 GB, ans it has 3.1GB avaliable. even better, i cant return to my game because it crashes when the warning comes out. does anyone know how to shut this warning off?
3 answers Last reply
More about vista annoying memory problem
  1. As you have 32bit version, you should understand that any 32bit version only supports 3.2GB as available and 3GB as usable.

Use 64bit version of OS to avail the functionality of 4GB RAM.
  2. TheinsanegamerN said:
    hi guys.
    i am trying to play games with steam on my vista pc. whenever i get about a level into a game, it becomes minimized and vista says "low on physical memory." this is bull****. i have 32 bit vista, with 4 gb of ram installed. the system is only using 2.4 GB, ans it has 3.1GB avaliable. even better, i cant return to my game because it crashes when the warning comes out. does anyone know how to shut this warning off?

When u play, close all the programs, especially the browser.

And yes, u need x64bit version to address more RAM.
  3. TheinsanegamerN said:
    hi guys.

use more page file to avoid this warning
    and you can use this trick to use all your ram on 32bit system
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ram-memory-upgrade,2778-4.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Windows Vista