Ivy bridge support on asrock extreme3 gen3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mig240

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
I purchased the asrock extreme 3 gen3 with the intention of later upgrading to ivy when it comes out but I can't for the life of me find anyone anywhere on the net who has actually tried out this combo. Can anyone piont me in the right direction with a link or something so I can see if this is even possible at the moment or if there is anyone out there that has tried this mobo and ivy combo out can you give me your thoughts? Please and thanks

Solution
Ivy Bridge is only being released in April, so no-one has an Ivy Bridge CPU to test with. But all H6x, P67 and Z68 motherboards will support Ivy Bridge with a BIOS/firmware upgrade (assuming the manufacture provides one, which most will).

PreferLinux

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Ivy Bridge is only being released in April, so no-one has an Ivy Bridge CPU to test with. But all H6x, P67 and Z68 motherboards will support Ivy Bridge with a BIOS/firmware upgrade (assuming the manufacture provides one, which most will).

Solution

You cant "for the life of you" find anyone who actually tried the combo, because it doesn't exist yet. :whistle:

But all H61/H67/P67/Z68/Z7X are supposed to all work with IB.

Status
Not open for further replies.