Not open for further replies.

LCBChef18

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Let me give you a scenario...

1. Turn pc off
2. Turn back on, "CPU fan error, F1 to run setup!"
3. Hits F1 or pushes "Reset" button.
3a. Brings me to bios screen, I check out the cpu fan settings.. Nothing out of the ordinary.
3b. Computer restarts, boots up crisp as a brand new $100 bill.
4. See 1 and 2.

Didn't do this with an H50 I had installed. I swapped it out for a Coolermaster v8 and now I get this. -.-

Solution
When I use a Corsair Hydro series I typically 'tweak' the BIOS, in particular 100% power to the CPU_FAN header.

To rule-out a BIOS issue:
1. Try - Load (Optimized) Defaults
2. Try - Clear CMOS if (#1) fails; use in your case the Clear CMOS button; see -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdHH9KrceR0 to make sure you do it right, and the Date & Time will also be reset.

Next, pull the 4-Pin and re-install making sure all of the CPU_FAN pins are properly connected.

Rarely, if you have any BIOS invasive Apps like a Fan controlling app or ASUS AI Suite then uninstall them and boot a few times.

Just in case the V8 is actually 'bad' right now I don't recommend turning-off any notifications in the BIOS until this situation is resolved.
When I use a Corsair Hydro series I typically 'tweak' the BIOS, in particular 100% power to the CPU_FAN header.

To rule-out a BIOS issue:
1. Try - Load (Optimized) Defaults
2. Try - Clear CMOS if (#1) fails; use in your case the Clear CMOS button; see -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdHH9KrceR0 to make sure you do it right, and the Date & Time will also be reset.

Next, pull the 4-Pin and re-install making sure all of the CPU_FAN pins are properly connected.

Rarely, if you have any BIOS invasive Apps like a Fan controlling app or ASUS AI Suite then uninstall them and boot a few times.

Just in case the V8 is actually 'bad' right now I don't recommend turning-off any notifications in the BIOS until this situation is resolved.

Solution

LCBChef18

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011

So. I cannot believe how shockingly simple my problem was. I did as you asked (solution #1) and I restarted a few times, so far I have not experienced the error. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS