Motherboard Question

Hello All,

I have been on several different computer help forums today, but all of them either tell me the wrong answer,flame me,or don't answer at all. So I am hoping you guys will be more kind :sol:.

I have a Mobo that has this 4 pin connection slot....




The problem is, I don't see a cable that goes into that 4 pin slot. I've checked from my PSU, and all the cables that came with my MoBo,etc...


Can someone guide me in the right direction, so I can finally boot up my baby :(?


MoBo Type: BIOSTAR A870 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD


Thanks & Hope you guys can help me :D
6 answers Last reply
More about motherboard question
  1. There should be either a 4 pin or an 8pin MB plug for that port. You may have the wrong PSU, but we hope not!

    check your cords, It will have 2 yellow and 2 black wires for the 2x2 4 wire plug if it will plug into that port.

    If not, you might have to invest in a PSU that has a 4 pin out for the board seperate from the 20+4. :)
  2. teholdsedare said:
    There should be either a 4 pin or an 8pin MB plug for that port. You may have the wrong PSU, but we hope not!

    check your cords, It will have 2 yellow and 2 black wires for the 2x2 4 wire plug if it will plug into that port.

    If not, you might have to invest in a PSU that has a 4 pin out for the board seperate from the 20+4. :)



    Here is the PSU I Have :D..

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

    I'm a noobie when it comes to building computers, even though I've spent years working with programs and such :o
  3. C0pyRyte said:
    Here is the PSU I Have :D..

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

    I'm a noobie when it comes to building computers, even though I've spent years working with programs and such :o

    You are looking for the 4+4 ATX/EPS plug. Note the picture in the link below as that plug should come apart.
    http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/images/connector/4_4PinATXEPS.jpg

    Your power supply has 1 ATX Connector and 1 EPS Connector. Both of these connectors may be together in a single 8 pin plug.
  4. elbert said:
    You are looking for the 4+4 ATX/EPS plug. Note the picture in the link below as that plug should come apart.
    http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/images/connector/4_4PinATXEPS.jpg

    Your power supply has 1 ATX Connector and 1 EPS Connector. Both of these connectors may be together in a single 8 pin plug.



    ^ This.

    It is an 8 pin that comes apart.
  5. WOOOT! I love you guys :D!!!!! You guys only take 1 post to help me, and other forums take like 5 pages to not even solve my problem.

    Plugged in that plug, booted up and it WORKS :D! Installing windows now

    WOOO HOOOO!
  6. Lol have fun! :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Product