Compaq Presario 2700

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
March 20, 2005 4:34:41 PM

Hello every one,

I appreciate the help of any one in the following problem. I have the
compaq presario 2700, and I have been using it for the last three
years. Recently it started to behave very strange. As soon as I start
the laptop, it runs for seconds, then it shutsdown, without showing
any message. I checked the disk, it is ok. I tried to reinstall, the
installation does not complete; the system shutsdown. Can any one
help? any idea what it could be?

More questions: Where do I find instructions for repair and
maintenance? opening the insides, etc.?

How can I access the BIOS details?

Thanks in advance

Jamal

More about : compaq presario 2700

December 25, 2008 2:53:10 AM

The CPU cooling fan has separated from the main board. there is a repair kit on ebay but I fixed mine by drilling through the case and using long screws to pull the fan into place. Resoldering didn't seem to work. Good luck.
Don McGuire