- As a Web Development Workstation, some gaming if there are any I like (gaming not so important)
- Run LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Others: FTP, Node.js (Server Side JS), Cloud9 IDE, Virtual PCs (Virtual Box)
- Photoshop/GIMP, Illustrator/InkScape, Blender
- In the future: Python, Ruby on Rails
- Power Efficiency: I like to be Environmentally Friendly & save on Electricity Bills at the same time
- Performance: Of course! In this case, Virtual Box will be most resource intensive I suppose
1- For those programs you need HT, so, the i7-2600K is a better option I think.
2- I can't find the mobo that you say, but the "M" at the end say me that it's a m-ATX mobo and you can have problems in future for add more RAM.
3- You can find better options like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
4- Those are Green drives, that doesn't perform very well and you need that your drives perform without problems. A RAID array can't perform close to an SSD, not matter the number of drives that you use. Change it for Black edition.
5- I suggest you go with a better case, you will need good airflow for your rig and more if you add a GPU in future. I'd go with this case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
6- I suggest you go with a better brand, check this XFX 650W PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... it's very good for good price and gives you the possibility to add future components without power problems.
7- Monitor and speakers looks good IMO.
My recommendations goes for both, work and home rigs.