Asrock g 31 memory problems

mark727beaver

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Hi I recently bought a asrock g31 m-s r2 0 mobo from an on line retailer when i had completed my build I started up the system but would not post ! all fans spinning ect but no activity from cpu hdd, i was using 2 x crucial ballistix 800 mhz ddr 667 ram and a intel core 2 duo 3.06 ghz cpu 1066 fsb.

removed one ram stick and tried again this time system fires up first time no issues installed windows 7 with no issues, reinstalled the second ram stick and restarted the pc and had the same problem system will not boot or post , so removed both sticks tried them in another pc , all good both working fine according to cpu z .

so reinstalled one stick again this time into the left hand dimm nearest the cpu and again the system will not post , so moved the same stick into the left hand dimm slot and guess what the system fires up first time .

my conclusion is that the board must be faulty with only one dimm slot working unless anyone can advise otherwise

regards

mark 727 beaver

Akashdeep

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
Yes it sounds the one is defected memory slot.

As you have said ".. recently bought a asrock g31 m-s r2 0 mobo" you must have the warranty coverage. I would suggest you to get replaced one.

mark727beaver

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
thanks thats what I Thought , already sent it back once they said they tested it and all was good , dont think so , have seen a couple of threads people with the same issue with this board , wonder if its a common fault ,

Akashdeep

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011

You sent the borad via post or you went physically?