Solved

Newegg vs Amazon

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Amazon
Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 6:05:30 PM

Don't know if this is the right thread but I just want to vent some frustration with Newegg...

I've been buying from Newegg for a while now and only until recently I've encountered numerous problems. For instance, putting my purchase on hold do to a difference in billing phone numbers when in fact there is no discrepancy. I call the bank and they confirm everything is kosher. And the fact it's taking them longer and longer to process a simple order... Thought maybe it was an anomaly but with my latest fiasco (tried to order a CPU and HDD) I've decided to purchase from Amazon. Don't know how well Amazon is so any feedback would be great. It's not like Newegg was cheaper as what I purchased was the same price, so what is Newegg doing. I don't think I'm the only having this problem but it seems they're chewing their own arms off and committing suicide. Has there growth, in essence, gone to their heads(?)...

Thanks,

Russ

More about : newegg amazon

a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 6:16:10 PM

i like newegg because its only 1 seller so if you have a problem you deal with newegg.Amazon is not actually only one seller but they have some certified under them so rma might be a bit difficult.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 6:40:16 PM

2295513,2,740853 said:
i like newegg because its only 1 seller so if you have a problem you deal with newegg.Amazon is not actually only one seller but they have some certified under them so rma might be a bit difficult.[/quotemsg

Good point, but I checked their return policy and it seems pretty simple. In your account it has a "return center" at the bottom of the page. Haven't really investigated further but it looks as though you select an item from recently purchased and (assuming here) they probably ask you what the return is for. Like I said it seems pretty simple. If it's from a licensed seller you contact them and if it's from Amazon you contact them. Hopefully I don't have to do that. Looked up some reviews on who's better, Newegg or Amazon, and most say Amazon.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 6:42:26 PM

ok.This is more personal opinion.If you like Amazon then ok its cool.
m
l
a c 185 à CPUs
May 13, 2011 6:45:58 PM

over all i will look at amazon but often i will only use it if it recommends a reputable seller. like ocuk, ebuyer or similar. im not entirely sure but i dont think newegg export to the uk. even if they do there prices aren't that attractive 1s you add vat and import charges. even with the cashback bonuses, which i think is a great idea...
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 6:47:42 PM

ghnader hsmithot said:
ok.This is more personal opinion.If you like Amazon then ok its cool.

I wouldn't say that... I've never done business with them so it would a bit premature to say that I like Amazon esp. when they have access to $400 of mine. A little uneasy to tell you the truth.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 6:55:03 PM

HEXiT said:
over all i will look at amazon but often i will only use it if it recommends a reputable seller. like ocuk, ebuyer or similar. im not entirely sure but i dont think newegg export to the uk. even if they do there prices aren't that attractive 1s you add vat and import charges. even with the cashback bonuses, which i think is a great idea...

I'm in the U.S. and for some reason I'm always in the forums with folks from U.K. and Ireland. It's alright though because you guys are great just wish most Americans were as respectful. But back onto the subject, what I wanted is already being shipped and from what I gather it's coming from Amazon... that should be good right?
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 7:07:39 PM

RussK1 said:
I'm in the U.S. and for some reason I'm always in the forums with folks from U.K. and Ireland. It's alright though because you guys are great just wish most Americans were as respectful. But back onto the subject, what I wanted is already being shipped and from what I gather it's coming from Amazon... that should be good right?

"just wish most Americans were as respectful."

Hey I am American
Hey Yo what da Fcuk, Yo!
Youse aint saying I am Fcuking disrespectiful are youse?!

:)  ROFL LMAO :) 

I do notice there is a higher level of politeness across the world
compared to USA on the forums

Too many young rich kids too arrogant too know any better
When mommy and daddy buy you everything
Nothing is valuable to you

Amazon has been great to me buy the way
Also Ebay is good if you are careful
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 7:41:10 PM

king smp said:
"just wish most Americans were as respectful."

Hey I am American
Hey Yo what da Fcuk, Yo!
Youse aint saying I am Fcuking disrespectiful are youse?!

:)  ROFL LMAO :) 

I do notice there is a higher level of politeness across the world
compared to USA on the forums

Too many young rich kids too arrogant too know any better
When mommy and daddy buy you everything
Nothing is valuable to you

Amazon has been great to me buy the way
Also Ebay is good if you are careful

That had me laughing... yeah my fiance' swears by ebay but I've noticed a lot of items are overpriced and/or used. When it comes to processors and the like I'd like it in a brand new box and pay a reasonable price. Although I did search ebay and found a Xeon going really cheap, it was used and, well, I have a problem with that. Who knows what kind of stress that thing has seen through you know. But yes, if you're careful, one can find some pretty good deals on ebay.

And yes again, you're right as far as our fellow Americans... too much media and spoon feeding. Not a genuine idea comes from their minds (atleast most). It's the whole American phenomena that we're the Big Bad Brother so to speak... it's sickening to be honest. It's no wonder that most of the world actually hates us and I don't blame them.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 7:52:04 PM

I am a first born American from Russian immigrants in the 50s
I guess because I was raised in a very Old World kind of way
I think differently from alot of my friends my age

There is a real sense of entitlement in America especially the youth
that has to be gotten rid of or
America is going to have a problem
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 7:52:15 PM

Quote:
eBay is my no.1 preference, all sellers accept returns if the item is found to be faulty (in up to 30 days) some up to 60 days and some even offer 2+ year warranty, although i dont buy all components from eBay, eg mobos are cheaper elsewhere.

and lol i have been on the US forums, just too many fanboys and the occasional im-going-to-get-my-point-across-no-matter-what (even if it means making up facts) people, although i know that most Americans aren't like that. :) 

Yeah I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. The majority are actually alright. I just don't understand the Intel fanboys, don't they understand Intel is raping us? I can't wait for the Bulldozer as I will be building a rig around it. Nice thing about AMD, they aren't known for scalping the consumers. Today, Intels got the next best thing so everyone needs to go out and get it, then oops(!), it's next month with the next best thing... man! It's farcical! Don't get me wrong, Intel's stuff is nice, but is the cost to performance ratio worth it? To me, not worth it. Also it's not like they don't sit back and plan all of this, nor is it accidental they come up with newer technology. They purposely drag their consumers along and pick at the pockets perfectly knowing what's coming next week, next month, next year...
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 7:54:58 PM

king smp said:

Yeah spoiled rotten little brats. I fully agree.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 7:58:20 PM

Back to your thread

I use Ebay for two used CPUs and have been
very pleased

I did look for sellers with 30 day DOA/return policies

CPUs especially server/workstation Xeons are stronger than you
think

How often do you hear about the CPU burning out?

In years of repairing computers I have never had a burnt CPU

And they either work or dont work
There really is no in between with a CPU

It is either going to boot up or not
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 7:59:33 PM

RussK1 said:

Dont get me wrong
I love my country very much but I keep my eyes wide open :sol: 
m
l
May 13, 2011 8:04:18 PM

RussK1 said:

lol ... love the avatar with that!
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 8:06:31 PM

king smp said:
Back to your thread

I use Ebay for two used CPUs and have been
very pleased

I did look for sellers with 30 day DOA/return policies

CPUs especially server/workstation Xeons are stronger than you
think

How often do you hear about the CPU burning out?

In years of repairing computers I have never had a burnt CPU

And they either work or dont work
There really is no in between with a CPU

It is either going to boot up or not

That's what I ordered. Xeon's are tough, I just wanted a new one. Next, I'm going to give AMD a try and see what all the Bulldozer hype is about. AMD is saying that it'll outperform Intel's Extreme based cpu's so we'll see. And no, it's not often you hear about a cpu burning out unless someone purposely did it. Hopefully, when I get my Xeon and install it, it'll post. That's the most nerve wracking. We'll see.

Take care,

Russ
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 8:08:47 PM

ctbaars said:
lol ... love the avatar with that!

:non: 
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 8:16:39 PM

RussK1 said:
That's what I ordered. Xeon's are tough, I just wanted a new one. Next, I'm going to give AMD a try and see what all the Bulldozer hype is about. AMD is saying that it'll outperform Intel's Extreme based cpu's so we'll see. And no, it's not often you hear about a cpu burning out unless someone purposely did it. Hopefully, when I get my Xeon and install it, it'll post. That's the most nerve wracking. We'll see.

Take care,

Russ

Yes but is a great natural rush when it does
Better than any drug
m
l
May 13, 2011 8:19:50 PM

I like both Newegg and Amazon but I always limit my Amazon searches and purchase to those where Amazon is the seller. I will not purchase from third parties through Amazon.

Newegg has the advantage, IMHO, of having a very good return policy. They've always done well by me when I've had problems--unlike Amazon you can talk to a person on the phone who may actually understand a little about the product you're talking about. (find someone at Amazon who understands "won't post", "bad cap" "video artifact from defective vram. etc."

I've always had good luck with ebay when looking for older parts to play around with--but there I always buy from individual sellers--I hate the storefronts and all the business selling there.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 8:20:12 PM

king smp said:
Yes but is a great natural rush when it does
Better than any drug

True again... Aha, it worked! :pt1cable: 
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 8:40:44 PM

chriskrum said:
I like both Newegg and Amazon but I always limit my Amazon searches and purchase to those where Amazon is the seller. I will not purchase from third parties through Amazon.

Newegg has the advantage, IMHO, of having a very good return policy. They've always done well by me when I've had problems--unlike Amazon you can talk to a person on the phone who may actually understand a little about the product you're talking about. (find someone at Amazon who understands "won't post", "bad cap" "video artifact from defective vram. etc."

I've always had good luck with ebay when looking for older parts to play around with--but there I always buy from individual sellers--I hate the storefronts and all the business selling there.

You know that's the crazy thing... along with the CPU I purchased, I also picked out a Blu-ray drive and picked one day shipping. And it was showing the delivery of 5/17/11. I checked the blu-ray drive and it wasn't coming in until 5/16/11. WTF, I was paying for one day shipping and it's going to take about a week(??). So I went ahead and cancelled the blu-ray order and lo and behold the delivery changed from Tuesday to tomorrow! Initially it said it was in stock then somewhere in between it changed. But they were gonna take my money...

It's like going into best buy and asking about their PVR's or Staples asking about SATA cables... they're like - "HUH?" It's hilarious... One time a geek squad employee came up to me asking how hard it is to change a heatsink or to install liquid cooling... I was like you put them things in the holes and turn. I also told him how I unequivicaly hate those cheap plastic push pins (I really do hate those things). I don't know maybe I'm old school and like the old fashioned screws ya know.
m
l
May 13, 2011 9:21:17 PM

I hate pushpins.

I never found using a screwdriver to be too intimidating.
m
l
a c 640 à CPUs
May 13, 2011 9:28:04 PM

I never had problems with Newegg. I generally prefer to buy PC parts from them rather than Amazon since Amazon's search engine basically sucks compared to Newegg's. Of course if I hear of a deal on Amazon or I need to order something (other than PC parts), then I would use Amazon.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 9:30:54 PM

RussK1 said:
True again... Aha, it worked! :pt1cable: 

Awesome!
Enjoy
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2011 9:43:24 PM

jaguarskx said:
I never had problems with Newegg. I generally prefer to buy PC parts from them rather than Amazon since Amazon's search engine basically sucks compared to Newegg's. Of course if I hear of a deal on Amazon or I need to order something (other than PC parts), then I would use Amazon.

Don't get me wrong bro, I love Newegg it's just that recently I've nothing but problems. I really don't like resorting to bestbuy but I almost did until I found what I wanted from Amazon (and yes the search engine sucks balls). Honestly, when I lived in Vegas, they had this gigantic CompUSA and I loved that place. It was like walking into a Walmart supercenter filled with nothing but computer parts, accessories and software. Unfortunately, there aren't many, if any for that matter, on the EastCoast. So I'm s.o.l.. Anyhow, I called Newegg to troubleshoot billing and they just shut me down stating they aren't allowed to discuss credit card info over the phone. Honestly I wouldn't have made a big deal out of the already trivial situation but I kinda need the part asap. Just pissed me off a little bit. Usually Neweggs customer support is on par with Crucials. Probably a bad week for me is all.

Bye the way, Love your Avatar. Skeletons of Society is my Fav. although Haunting the Chapel is a close second.

m
l
May 14, 2011 1:11:49 AM

king smp said:

I agree with this statement, BUT have you seen who are the ones rioting in Europe when the governments are looking for ways to cut spending. It isn't the retired people. We already have that problem you are talking about. I am teaching my kids nobody owes you anything except an opportunity to be successful.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 14, 2011 2:13:26 AM

brentkhack said:
I agree with this statement, BUT have you seen who are the ones rioting in Europe when the governments are looking for ways to cut spending. It isn't the retired people. We already have that problem you are talking about. I am teaching my kids nobody owes you anything except an opportunity to be successful.

I am by no means a world traveler so maybe
it is a problem with youth in general

There are alot of good kids out there
but even some of the good ones
act like the world owes them something

I love giving my daughter gifts
For example we got her a Sony PSP 3000
But we just took it away for month because
of her bratty and whiny attitude

It is ok to have nice things
but people have to appreciate what they have

We live in a city and there are many homeless
and when I talk to them and buy them some food
I like my daughter to listen

She has to learn that the world can be harsh

We make her do chores for her money (laundry,babysitting etc)
so she learns the value of a dollar
m
l
May 14, 2011 2:33:16 AM

king smp said:
I am by no means a world traveler so maybe
it is a problem with youth in general

There are alot of good kids out there
but even some of the good ones
act like the world owes them something

I love giving my daughter gifts
For example we got her a Sony PSP 3000
But we just took it away for month because
of her bratty and whiny attitude

It is ok to have nice things
but people have to appreciate what they have

We live in a city and there are many homeless
and when I talk to them and buy them some food
I like my daughter to listen

She has to learn that the world can be harsh

We make her do chores for her money (laundry,babysitting etc)
so she learns the value of a dollar

Your daughter sound like mine whiny and bratty. I tell her we want to buy her things IF she earns it. She doesnt get an allowance only extra money for doing extra work.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 14, 2011 3:19:43 AM

Well maybe I am just getting old (41)
All old people complain about the young LOL
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 14, 2011 11:37:21 AM

brentkhack said:

It goes to the modern concept of the word "GET". I'm going to "get" mine however unsalubrious and dishonest it may be. The wholesome idea of earning is lost on most of the modern youth today; although you tend to not find this vile "get" mentality in traditional households. Many folks across the globe are being spoon fed that there is a big pie and they need to "get" theirs. Nobody owes anyone anything... I even hold the mentality that nobody has to respect me but they do need to show me some simple common courtesy. As the word respect has so much verbiage it has lost its coinage therefore has no meaning, but common courtesy on the otherhand is a different thing on its own... here in the U.S. this applies, there's a reason why we have some of the highest violent crime per capita rates in the world. People don't want to work hard anymore they want to "get" theirs. In countries like Switzerland for example, every household owns a gun yet no crime, why?... To sum up this verbose note, the standard of living here in the U.S. doesn't even compare to most of Europe. The cities of the U.S. are becoming decrepit refuse pits day by day because of the bad attitudes of the last two generations.

Russ
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 14, 2011 11:40:02 AM

king smp said:
Well maybe I am just getting old (41)
All old people complain about the young LOL

Your not that old! I'm 33 and that's not far behind.
m
l
May 14, 2011 2:05:37 PM

NewEgg, Amazon and Ebay. I'm not sure if this is settled, so I will post on topic. Newegg is trhe greatest, as far as I'm concerned. They always seem to have whatever I new and 9 times out of 10, the price is the cheapest. The only thing I don't care for is having pay shipping to send something back that is defective. When that happens, it's about like buying from anyone else, money wise.
I have had no bad experiences with Amazon, even if it's one of their outside sellers. Again, they seem to have most everything. It does seem like things are often about $10 more than NewEgg, but the stuff I am looking for always has free shipping. I just bought 2 games and both sellers were not Amazon, but the products were fine and the shipping was very fast.
Ebay is the one you have to be careful. Computer wise, I will only buy there if the items are new and have *** return policy. I got burned buying *** motherboard and finding it doa. Seller would not do anything and was *** jerk besides. Said it was *** no return item and it worked when he shipped., Yeah, right. :fou:  I also got *** cpu with bent pins, but it was fixable.
m
l
May 14, 2011 2:11:43 PM

Well the traditional family is getting smaller and smaller everyday. So I hate to say in my opinion I do not see things changing anytime soon. The individual is making bad choices and then the government is helping them make that decision to let others pay for those bad choices. Lets see, two generations ago would put us right in the middle of when welfare was created, along with the free love mentality during the same time are some of the problems. I live in Texas and love the fun laws here so I can defend my family with *** gun if I choose (which I do have). Look at all the videos out of all the violence in fast food restaurants. That is less likely to happen to me since I can conceal carry. My friend in Seattle thought it it's weird I carry my gun around. I bet someone that most crimes are committed by those who do not have *** conceal carry permit than those who do.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 14, 2011 2:41:46 PM

brentkhack said:
Well the traditional family is getting smaller and smaller everyday. So I hate to say in my opinion I do not see things changing anytime soon. The individual is making bad choices and then the government is helping them make that decision to let others pay for those bad choices. Lets see, two generations ago would put us right in the middle of when welfare was created, along with the free love mentality during the same time are some of the problems. I live in Texas and love the fun laws here so I can defend my family with *** gun if I choose (which I do have). Look at all the videos out of all the violence in fast food restaurants. That is less likely to happen to me since I can conceal carry. My friend in Seattle thought it it's weird I carry my gun around. I bet someone that most crimes are committed by those who do not have *** conceal carry permit than those who do.

Yes I wish the gun laws here in Mass. were as liberal as Texas or even Nevada. Here it's nothing but bleeding hearts that love to blame crime on guns. Wish they would understand that no matter how strict weapons laws are, criminals will still get them, and as *** consequence, they're only castrating law abiding citizens from protecting themselves.

Yeah, middle sixties - love, sex and drugs... that's where the subjugation and mis-information began.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 14, 2011 2:49:16 PM

RussK1 said:
Yes I wish the gun laws here in Mass. were as liberal as Texas or even Nevada. Here it's nothing but bleeding hearts that love to blame crime on guns. Wish they would understand that no matter how strict weapons laws are, criminals will still get them, and as *** consequence, their only castrating law abiding citizens from protecting themselves.

Yeah, middle sixties - love, sex and drugs... that's where the subjugation and mis-information began.

^+100 total agree
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 14, 2011 3:07:23 PM

king smp said:
^+100 total agree

Try talking to an Ultra liberal about it... immediately their eyes will glaze over with irrationality and swear by the credence. No matter how valid the argument they'll vehemently defend an obviously delusional idea of utopia... point out to them the demographics of liberal gun laws = less crime. Still, they don't care...
m
l
May 14, 2011 3:16:54 PM

Buy from a local vendor, you can bargain and bring price down and can also physically check the condition of the product. Although e-commerce is growing but any defective product will require lots of work for replacement whereas this is not the case with the shop.
m
l
May 14, 2011 3:43:15 PM

I think I just saw here in Texas they either passed a law or is trying to pass a law for the state to collect taxes for Amazon sales.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 15, 2011 4:15:56 PM

brentkhack said:
I think I just saw here in Texas they either passed a law or is trying to pass a law for the state to collect taxes for Amazon sales.

including Washington state, Cal., Illinois, Mass., etc... my family in Chicago even got a letter in the mail yesterday asking if they had recently purchased anything on line and if so, from where. In short, say you buy a bottle of hot sauce in Louisiana and take it to Illinois, you then are required to pay state tax on that. Pretty much bullshit if you ask me. So Newegg, Amazon, Tiger Direct, etc are going to be forced to tax items thus in turn ruining the advantage of purchasing from them.

I'm pretty ignorant on the subject, but I'm fairly sure big name stores like best buy, target, kmart, etc. are pushing for new legislation to impose Federal sales tax to purchases online to create a "business fairness". It's easy to look up. I would provide a link but that's superfluous as all one needs to do is a quick google search... There's tons of stuff.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 15, 2011 5:14:43 PM

I have a Microcenter in my state but it is in one of the worst towns
in the state
A real known gang area
It is a shame they put one where I dont want to go
Plus they never have the stuff I am looking for

I just bought a MSI HD 5670 low profile
http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Radeon-5670-PD512-PCI-Express...
I bought it yesterday for $87
now today it is more money today

I dont know what is going on with ATI/AMD low profile cards
Newegg pulled the sapphire and msi HD 5670 models

Newegg had the Sapphire 512mb HD 5670 gddr5 for $78 with free shipping
and now has none of them

I couldnt find the Sapphire model anywhere
so I bought the MSI and that was hard to find

Must be bringing out new 6xxxx series low pros
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 15, 2011 5:25:43 PM

king smp said:
I have a Microcenter in my state but it is in one of the worst towns
in the state
A real known gang area
It is a shame they put one where I dont want to go
Plus they never have the stuff I am looking for

I just bought a MSI HD 5670 low profile
http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Radeon-5670-PD512-PCI-Express...
I bought it yesterday for $87
now today it is more money today

I dont know what is going on with ATI/AMD low profile cards
Newegg pulled the sapphire and msi HD 5670 models

Newegg had the Sapphire 512mb HD 5670 gddr5 for $78 with free shipping
and now has none of them

I couldnt find the Sapphire model anywhere
so I bought the MSI and that was hard to find

Must be bringing out new 6xxxx series low pros

Wow that thing is cool. Do they make those with the 5770? I can't answer the question as I didn't know they even made low profile cards. Now that I know I'm pretty interested. Although it really wouldn't matter in my case as I have the Antec 902, so I have some room to work with. But running with those would keep the case nice and clean. But looking closer it looks like the heat from the card would stay in the case...

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS429US429&a...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
m
l
May 16, 2011 8:03:23 PM

Both are good but I never used Amazon's RMA. I have used NE's RMA and it was smooth. Amazon has an easy free shipping policy. I tend to support NE because they have verified buyer imput which will give a better evaluation,easy RMA, and sometimes free shipping. Also NE items are mostly newer tech.
m
l
May 16, 2011 11:10:55 PM

Amazon's customer service has been great, I've had situations where the doofs at UPS didn't deliver something to our house, but have marked it as delivered (or maybe somebody stole it, who knows.) but I've put in a trouble ticket with amazon and they ship out a new one with one day shipping, no joke.

On the downside the price you see is the price you get, they might do some trending prices but you won't see suddenly 50 dollars off some component you really wanted, outside of maybe monitors.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 16, 2011 11:15:45 PM

I just did an order with Amazon for a HD5670
and I had payment problems
I had a customer service rep on the phone in less than two minutes
and they fixed the problem in less than 5 minutes
Amazon has great customer service!
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 17, 2011 3:29:38 AM

king smp said:
I just did an order with Amazon for a HD5670
and I had payment problems
I had a customer service rep on the phone in less than two minutes
and they fixed the problem in less than 5 minutes
Amazon has great customer service!

That's great. So you got the card you wanted?

It's good to know that Amazons customer support is good. I'll shop with them more often. I got what I ordered in a day, so on that end I have no complaints. Their bubble wrap sucked though. The boxed processor was basically flopping around in a box twice its size. Not saying that it hasn't happend to me from newegg. Just that there's not much protection because Intel puts the CPU right on top of the fan and heatsink. Would've been a little peeved if it was DOA. But it posted so I let it slide.

Wish I could have dealt with my billing issues over the phone with newegg as you did with Amazon. Just goes to show that other purchasing sites can be just as beneficial as newegg.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 17, 2011 4:39:13 AM

A smart consumer obviously will want to have a variety of shopping
I usually will use Newegg,Tiger Direct,Ebay,Craigslist,Amazon
I have checked out Microcenter online (store is about 30 miles away)
but never found a deal I like

I have been seeing Frys mentioned on here so I do want to check them out
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 17, 2011 4:45:13 AM

update orderdidnt go thru with amazon
but
probably problem with card
so
I see newegg got the card in
so I will order tuesday

I did check frys and selection was poor IMHO

Too bad I can find a low profile HD 6670
right now full height is 99 with 10 MIR so for $89 USD
the HD 6670 is less than $20 more for about
a %10-%20 improvement and newer tech

The PC magazines announced a low pro HD 6670
but like usual it is impossible to find so far
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 21, 2011 12:34:42 AM

Best answer selected by russwood1488.
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
May 21, 2011 5:08:42 AM

Thank you for selecting me as Best Answer

It ended up that Amazon had a glitch and the name on the card was mispelled
it didnt show up in the billing address
it was just on the place order screen

So they tried to put it in a bunch of times
and the fraud security of the card was set off
so the card was temp frozen
the next day I called and got the card active again
and Newegg had the same card for 5 dollars cheaper
I ordered monday night and got it friday afternoon

I will say that Amazon reps worked their butts off trying to help me
it was an unfortunate computer glitch
so I would shop there again

I went with Newegg because of the fact their customer service
knows more about computer tech than somebody at Amazon
but I definitley would still shop Amazon if the deal is good
a b à CPUs
May 21, 2011 6:06:00 PM

You're welcome.

What happened to you with Amazon is exactly what happened to me with Newegg. I tried numerous times to place an order, cancel an order, etc. the fraud prevention kicked on and it was frozen for a day. No biggie, I still love Newegg but the horizons are open to my eyes when it comes to online shopping. Just goes to show that one need not the narrow perspective of "this place is better" attitude. A little bit of intelligence combined with patience goes a long way when you want something both affordable and durable.

So you found the low pro card you were looking for? I did some looking myself and I couldn't find a single low pro 6670... Atleast not the newest models. I'm thinking about getting a second XFX 5770 to run crossfire since they're so cheap right now. I just got to talk my girlfriend into it! I just got the Crucial Ballistix Tracer cooler for my modules and just spending that $20 was like pulling teeth from a lucid grizzly bear! lolz I know I could get bigger card but I like the fact that two cards will fill my case and it'll look really good. People come to my house and they're amazed. My GF's mother swears I've spent too much on the computer but I try to explain to her that building a computer is not only cheaper, but better than buying a pre-built machine. I even directed her to sites where they have complete set-ups for $199-$399. How can one beat that? Yet still she argues. I guess she loves her rockin' eMachine! lmfao :love: 

Take Care Brother!
Russ
m
l
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest