MCP6P M2 board memory voltahe

Hello,
I can't seem to set my memory voltage to 1.8v the lowest setting is 1.95. All the ddr2 memory seems to be 1.8v? I installed 2 x 2gb Komputerbay memory it run for a while then just blue screened and won't turn on. The only thing I can think of is memory voltage. also what is the 5-7-7-25. Replies in idiot proof if possible as I am new to all this. thanks in adavnce
2 answers Last reply
More about mcp6p board memory voltahe
  1. Only biostar can help you. Request an service ticket (tech support) even if the board is out of warranty. If you don't find a manual setting to lower the ram voltage, then a newer or older bios version may be required, or a different brand of memory. I had two of those boards (frys combo deals). Never had this problem; you may have a bad ram stick; try one stick at a time and run memtest to check for errors.
  2. I have tried 1 stick at a time in each socket to eliminate that mate. Where do i get memtest from and can I run it from a usb drive? I am wondering if I have damaged the memory by running it at a higher voltage but i am struggling to find any ddr2 that runs at 1.95v or higher. I will raise a ticket though to see if they have any ideas.

Thank you for your help
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets DDR2 Memory Voltage Memory Motherboards