Advise and compatibility of my setup

lellz

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
hi i'm new to this and have never built before but i have done a good 15 hours of research in just this past week alone and am really looking into making my own, seems like fun and i may even go bigger in the future but for now i have been looking at parts for low end gaming to mid end, and this is what i've found with myself, i was restricted to parts as i only have access to a few stores in my area, and this is what i came up with

Case - $85
-Cooler Master RC-430
M.O - $65
-Asus P5G41t-M LX (800/1066/1333Mhz)
CPU - $79
-Intel Pentium DualCore E5400 2.7 GHz (800Mhz)
Memory - $69
- Kingston DDR3 2GB x2 kit (1333Mhz)
PSU - $69
- Corsair CMPSU-430W

i have not picked out a video card but the integrated graphics will do me with my current needs till i pick up a bit of extra cash, i'm quite pleased with this setup if it works, except that i wanted an E6500 CPU but couldn't get my hands on one so i'm not sure yet and the case comes with 420W PSU but i can't get any details on it so i don't know if it'll be any good, so i lined one up for a backup, let me know of any issues with this setup and perhaps any advise thanks

Wolfshadw

Titan
Where are you located? I ask because most of those components are pretty outdated and for nearly the same price, you could get a much better system.

AMD Athlon II X3 440 RANA 3.1GHz
Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT

As for the power supply, it should be sufficient of low to mid range graphic cards, but I'd probably trim some cost from the case and move it towards a better power supply.

Of course, this depends on where you're located. If this seller is your only option, then this is what you have and yes, it's all compatible.

-Wolf sends

lellz

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
i'm restricted mainly to buying straight from store and i know a lot more is sold online more cheaply so this worked and i wanted to stick with an intel chipset, the reason for the socket 775 was that the next one up i'll have to put out more on motherboard and processor, i was aiming low budget anyway, i got a macbook to game on, it started out me trying to fix up an old pc with new parts and bought stuff but along the way i found out how cheap it is to make my own from scratch, so except for graphics card this setup has exceeded my mac on which i played COD 4, MW2 and BC2 for about $1300 less.....it's sorta funny i wish i knew this ages ago but my mac gets really hot and isn't really build for it, so i may actually get into building but i wanna start small...

Thanks for reply -p.s i chose the cause i don't have a shortage of money and i didn't mind an extra 20 bucks for the blue led and i wanted the side window, most of the other were around 45-70 and sorta boring :p

lellz

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
also the ram is 1333 Mhz, and MB is 800/1066/1333 and cpu is 800 so does the ram run at the CPU FSB speed of 800Mhz and is there a disadvantage to having the ram cut it's speed

TRENDING THREADS