Catalyst 10.12 is out,share your results

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx

212wo4m.jpg

ie351t.jpg

Installed flawlessly. Looks much better than the old Cat. Easier to navigate around in. Cayman is out within 48 hours.

I hope they redo the Overdrive section as well.

Pallimud

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Is it fine to install it? Is this the actual release? Weird I didn't see it when I went to amd.com and put in my card info, it just gave me 10.10

Thanks for the feedback Shadow, I actually heard bad things about this driver(in guru3d forums) about both performance and trouble in installing, but your post made me feel better :D So,I'm going to try it out and will post the results soon

ejcelis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
i just saw 2 links:
Catalyst Software Suite
and
AMD Catalyst™ Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) Technology Edition

should i download and install both?

i installed the APP but there's no change in the dialog box of my catalyst center. lol. my OS is windows xp sp3 32bit

yonef

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
same here. Installed cat. 10.12 (APP) but catalyst seems to be absolutely the same like previous versions .
Any suggestions how to switch to new catalyst ?

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Good download results for my 5770.
Installed the "new look" version and I like it. Navigation is fast and easy.
Settings are the same as before. So far, no issues, although my card isn't high on the list.

firebird

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004
Can anyone with multiple monitors comment on any flickering? 10.10 works well for me, but 10.11 brought lots of flickering when the clocks would go down to 157/300.

cnox

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
The release notes says that mouse corruption is no longer observed, but I sure as hell just observed it....

Ah well, maybe it'll get addressed in 2012.

firebird

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004
So I installed 10.12 (new CCC preview driver) and had the bad flickering again. I was going to edit the default profile, but the only clock references I saw were for Overdrive, and I couldn't even figure out how to add a profile for clocks as in the old CCC.

Also, I had lots of trouble getting the CCC to function. It would open once, then fail to close properly (Windows would ask if it shutdown abnormally) and then I couldn't get it to open again without a reboot.

So, back to 10.10...

I've been using 10.12 with the new catalyst for a while now. No issues installing and seems to run fine on my 4850, though sometimes it disappears/doesn't start. Maybe that is th way the new one works - only comes up when you need to change something (like NV).

cnox

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
So I should amend my last statement about the mouse corruption occurring: While it did happen again (several times) the last time it happened...something magical and wonderful happened. When i moved the cursor from one display with corruption to the other, the mouse appeared normal (and this is the old driver's behavior). However moving the mouse back to the origional (corrupted) display, the mouse was restored!

Not sure what this means for people with single displays but experience mouse corruption, but this is slightly better behavior, but I really wish they would quash this thing once and for all.

Pallimud

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Fixed my issue in SC2 where I couldn't see what units I had selected or other ground effects like the pylon power grid. Really happy for that, was really hard to play without that.

Well it installed fine. I'm not a big fan of the layout, I'd prefer if it was a bit easier to get into the settings I want to change but it's not so bad.

One thing I noticed is now my screen likes to flicker/jiggle at times. Not really during normal use but definitely at start up and I think at shut down too it like... vibrates left/right like it's trying to align or... something. It's wierd. But it does work just fine after that happens, I just never saw it do that previously.