Dualview Dell U2410 & U2311H

I just wanted to make sure of something...
I have a dell U2410 and now Im thinking of buying the U2311H , since there is a good deal on dell's site. The only thing is that Im not sure 100% that there will be no problem if i set up a dulaview with these displays, do they have to be identical when you do that. What im concerned about the most is the color calibartion. I know the color will not be identical, its ok with me, but will I have separte control for the color of each monitor? and have a different icc profile, cuz the U2410 is a wide gamut, so I have an icc profile that works best for it amd I dont want the color of the other one to be completly fucked up...

Anyways if someone could confirm me how will it work out....much appreciate ;)

Thx in advance!
4 answers Last reply
More about dualview dell u2410 u2311h
  1. So long as your video card has two ports for monitors, you'll be fine. You'll be able to control the color/gamma/contrast/etc for each monitor individually. Really no two monitors are the same so you'll have to adjust to make them look similar.

I have two dell monitors that are very similar here at work, but it is really hard to get them to match perfectly. I gave up, so one is slightly darker than the other, it really is fine though. If you are a perfectionist, you can get them looking basically the same, give or take.

Dual-monitors are great, go for it.
  2. I believe Windows 7 will allow you to associate a specific profile for each monitor as I have done the research in the past. However, I am still using Win XP (which only allows you to use on ICC profile) so I am not 100% certain.
  3. Bit of a side note here, but you can usually get a rep (in the official dell chat thing or over the phone) to go a good deal cheaper than the online price. Here in Aus, we can usually get the U2311H to $249AU (shipped)
  4. Hey Thx for replys guys
    I checked over on google, looks like windows 7 is better suited fore dual monitors, and since my GPU has two DVI, that should mean it can support two separate monitors (2 LUTS, 2 icc profiles....)Problem might be in Photoshop or similar softwares. Anyways ill give it a try, shouldn't be too bad and plus I want the dual screen soo badly lol

@ Mark Heath, Thx for the tip man! ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Dell Graphics