2600K temp issues/concerns

D

Deleted member 362816

Specs
cpu-2600k
gpu-gtx 580
case-corsair 800d

The water cooling loop goes from res/pump-->cpu--->140mm rad---> gpu--->360mm rad---res/pump

According to core temp at idle I am 30c on all cores--room temp is 60f I have high powerd fans on the rad's air flow is all setup the right way, under load when useing prime here are the temps 41,43,45,49--Core 4 is always much higher, from a cold boot right in the morning the bios says that all cores are 40c and never moves so i dont know if this is correct or not, I took of the waterblock and changed the TIM didnt make a diffrence. The gpu idles at 27c when the cpu is at 31-40c. The loop has no constrictions tubing is 1/2 ID by 3/4 OD Please let me know where the issue could be.

D

Deleted member 362816

I would think there good but there not, with my watercooling system the gpu temp is great never above 40c under full gaming load--->not furmark thats about 50c, anyway the 2600k bios temp shows it to be much higher then core temp/real temp show it to be and core 4 is much hotter 10c at some times then core 0.

D

Deleted member 362816

Fans are all at 100% all of the time. Still dont understand why core 4 is hotter then all the other cores. Or is this just *** sensor error.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished
its definitely normal.Some tasks are assigned to one chip and some to others, also that you must note load distribution is often times uneven.
sensors are often placed near the hottest chips.wafer quality may not be the same in each core some can run faster on lower voltage others run hotter etc.

D

Deleted member 362816

Well I know that but I have mutipul 2600ks I switched out the cpu last night this one idles at 24c under load 35-35-36-35 prime 95. I think there might be an issue with the cpu.

D

Deleted member 362816

Lol, I know that my temps are not bad, what I am getting at is why would one 2600k be at 30c idle 40c max load the other be from 24-25 idle 35c max load, Just doesnt make sense usally when there is this big of *** gap there is an issue. It seems that when the question gets alittle harder you avoid it---true expert.

***--- it wont let me type the lettera

D

Deleted member 362816

Ok, well watercooling aside u have an cpu's badge so you better know somthing about them, why would one 2600k be 5c lower in all things then another in the same system setup.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

Well wafer semiconductivity of *** cpu is *** very important matter when it comes to cpu manufacturing.Why does one cpu overclock better than others its because of impurities.When cpus have been doped to form crystalized bonds that conduct electricity not all doping(with other metals) goes according to plan.And that said some cpus get higher temps at stock voltages than others.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

In semiconductor production, doping intentionally introduces impurities into an extremely pure (also referred to as intrinsic) semiconductor for the purpose of modulating its electrical properties. The impurities are dependent upon the type of semiconductor. Lightly and moderately doped semiconductors are referred to as extrinsic. *** semiconductor doped to such high levels that it acts more like *** conductor than *** semiconductor is referred to as degenerate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_(semiconductor)