Sign in with
Your question

What should I do?

Last response: in Systems
February 13, 2011 2:45:26 AM

Okay, so I've been shopping around and I'm going to either buy or build a gaming pc with most likely these specs, however the question is, who to buy from or to build it myself, read below.

Specs:
Asus Rampage 3 Extreme MOBO
Intel i7 950 CPU
12gb 1333mhz DDR3 RAM
(2) GeForce GTX 560 1gb video cards
1000 Watt Power Supply
1TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I could order this from FNW for $3,000.
I could order this from Cyberpowerpc.com for $2,291.
I could buy all the parts from Tigerdirect and build this for about $1,880

With it being pre-built you get certain warranties, not worrying about screwing it up myself, all the other tangibles that come with it. I've never built a PC on my own before.

So, my question is which option is best? Ordering this pre-built or do it myself?

Thanks in advance,
Gage

More about : question

a c 91 B Homebuilt system
February 13, 2011 2:55:36 AM

Build it yourself. However, might I add something to consider?

Look at my guide for 1500$, that'll give you far more perf and bang for the buck. You don't need a Rampage board anymore since even with a cheap Extreme4 P67 you can OC the 2500K/2600K up to 5.1ghz, 4.6ghz on a stock cooler. 32nm is a really good idea. You'll find more info on my website in my siggy.

Also when you build it yourself you get that kind of fun. At first you won't seem to think it's fun, as did I, but after the first build was finished, I wanted to build more and more. It was actually a fun process.
m
l
February 13, 2011 3:11:35 AM

aznshinobi said:
Build it yourself. However, might I add something to consider?

Look at my guide for 1500$, that'll give you far more perf and bang for the buck. You don't need a Rampage board anymore since even with a cheap Extreme4 P67 you can OC the 2500K/2600K up to 5.1ghz, 4.6ghz on a stock cooler. 32nm is a really good idea. You'll find more info on my website in my siggy.

Also when you build it yourself you get that kind of fun. At first you won't seem to think it's fun, as did I, but after the first build was finished, I wanted to build more and more. It was actually a fun process.

Thanks, very helpful.

Anyone else viewing this thread feel free to post what you think is better and why or why not.
m
l
!