Sign in with
Your question

PCI card for Dimension B110

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 13, 2010 8:03:06 PM

Does anyone know of a PCI (not PCI-E) video card for a Dell Dimension B110 (Celeron 325, 2 GB DDR RAM) that can play HD movies? I have a 250-watt PSU and would like to spend no more than $100, and preferably less if possible. I found one possible candidate:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

but it says DDR2 memory and wasn't sure if it would work with my computer's DDR memory.
Thanks!

a c 540 U Graphics card
December 13, 2010 8:33:10 PM

That card will work fine since it's HDCP compliant. If you are going to be playing Blu-Ray movies through this card your display/monitor will need to be HDCP compliant also.

Don't worry about the 512MB of DDR2 memory that resides on the graphics card. It doesn't have anything to do with the DDR SDRAM that is on the Dell Dimension B110's motherboard.
December 13, 2010 8:45:45 PM

So it will be powerful enough? That's my main concern, as my current system isn't powerful enough to play HD movies.
a c 540 U Graphics card
December 13, 2010 9:01:47 PM

That card will do the job fine.

The NVIDIA GeForce 8400 graphics processor on that graphics card is vastly more powerful than that Intel IGP (Integrated Graphics Processor) built into the Dell Dimension B110's motherboard chipset.

The following could be a problem though: A minimum recommended 350W system power supply (with 12V current rating of 20A).
!