Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Eyefinity question.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 13, 2010 8:11:25 PM

I'm buying 2 models of this video card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I'm wanting to run them for 6 monitor support so I was wondering do I run them in crossfire or do I just run them in my crossfire capable motherboard single?

I just didn't know if I cross fired them if it would limit it to a certain amount of monitors or not.

More about : eyefinity question

a c 189 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 14, 2010 1:31:27 AM

A single card (HD5750) that linked above only has 4 outputs (2xDVI, 1xHDMI, 1xDisplayPort), so if you want to run eyefinity on 6 monitors then you must run two cards on crossfire mode.
What is your motherboard?
PSU? brand? model?
Score
December 14, 2010 1:41:49 AM

wa1 said:
A single card (HD5750) that linked above only has 4 outputs (2xDVI, 1xHDMI, 1xDisplayPort), so if you want to run eyefinity on 6 monitors then you must run two cards on crossfire mode.
What is your motherboard?
PSU? brand? model?

Okay run them in crossfire for 6 monitors?

That's the thing I wasn't for sure if they would run 6 in crossfire because I've heard people say they run them in the machine without being tied together.

But the people I've heard that from aren't that bright.

Running two is not an issue I knew I would need 2 so I've ordered them.

As for the motherboard I'm getting a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And for the power supply I got the
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks for the help I appreciate it.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2010 1:47:58 AM

No, you cannot crossfire them and have 6 monitors. You could probably have them run independantly with 3 monitors on each card, but not in crossfire.

The only way to get eyefinity with 6 displays is with the Eyefinity6 cards or with the new 6XXX series.
December 14, 2010 2:02:38 AM

alextheawesome said:
No, you cannot crossfire them and have 6 monitors. You could probably have them run independantly with 3 monitors on each card, but not in crossfire.

The only way to get eyefinity with 6 displays is with the Eyefinity6 cards or with the new 6XXX series.

So as long as I put the video cards in and don't put the crossfire bridge I'll be fine to run 3 monitors on each?

Thanks
Score
December 14, 2010 8:47:37 AM

ColtonC48 said:
So as long as I put the video cards in and don't put the crossfire bridge I'll be fine to run 3 monitors on each?

Thanks

Im not totaly sure about this one but i dont think u will be able to run them as one screen then. with other words, u will get 2 different eyefinity groups.

And i guess ur going to play games with this? then u should get the 6xEyfinity version of the card.
Score
December 20, 2010 11:00:38 PM

Best answer selected by ColtonC48.
Score
a c 169 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 21, 2010 6:27:38 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!