Eyefinity question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
No, you cannot crossfire them and have 6 monitors. You could probably have them run independantly with 3 monitors on each card, but not in crossfire.

The only way to get eyefinity with 6 displays is with the Eyefinity6 cards or with the new 6XXX series.
A single card (HD5750) that linked above only has 4 outputs (2xDVI, 1xHDMI, 1xDisplayPort), so if you want to run eyefinity on 6 monitors then you must run two cards on crossfire mode.
What is your motherboard?
PSU? brand? model?

ColtonC48

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009

Okay run them in crossfire for 6 monitors?

That's the thing I wasn't for sure if they would run 6 in crossfire because I've heard people say they run them in the machine without being tied together.

But the people I've heard that from aren't that bright.

Running two is not an issue I knew I would need 2 so I've ordered them.

As for the motherboard I'm getting a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131363

And for the power supply I got the
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256034

Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

alextheawesome

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
No, you cannot crossfire them and have 6 monitors. You could probably have them run independantly with 3 monitors on each card, but not in crossfire.

The only way to get eyefinity with 6 displays is with the Eyefinity6 cards or with the new 6XXX series.

Solution

ColtonC48

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009

So as long as I put the video cards in and don't put the crossfire bridge I'll be fine to run 3 monitors on each?

Thanks

snoogiloo

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010

Im not totaly sure about this one but i dont think u will be able to run them as one screen then. with other words, u will get 2 different eyefinity groups.

And i guess ur going to play games with this? then u should get the 6xEyfinity version of the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.