POST problems... PC takes a long time to boot...

xmx

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
When I turn on the PC, it gets power and all the fans start working, harddrives start spinning but the monitor gets no signal, no beeps... dvd-rom light keeps blinking and it makes a noise like it does when the system starts every 2,3 seconds (the system restarts itself continuously???)... but after a few minutes it will boot up as usual and works fine...

I had this problem with my graphic card (9800GT) earlier (actually it never booted with the graphic card) and I removed the graphic card thinking it was dead and switched to onboard graphics, where it worked fine for almost 2 months but now I get this again...

I tried every kind of tests, like removing all the external devices, harddrives and roms, replacing the battery but the problems stays the same... I tried even removing all the memory sticks and turning on the system with only the cpu & the mobo but it never made any beeps or any difference!

My PC was working fine for more than a year before I get all these kinds of troubles. When I had this booting problem with the graphic card earlier it seemed like that the pci-e slot was dead because my card worked fine in another system and another card I tried didn't work in my system. But when I took the PC to a repair station they got one of their graphic cards working fine in my system but my 9800gt failed there... & it never worked after that. Could this be caused by a bad PSU?

C2D E7500
Gigabyte G41
3GB RAM
550W PSU

xmx

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
As I remember it is 24A or better... I'll check for the exact value. It supported my system for more than a year, without any issues... I used to be a bit heavy gamer...