Need help please

coltpem

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
so i bought a pci express graphic card all excited n what not because i have 1 pci express slot in my comp but theres this lil latch on my slot and its like impossible to move so i can put the card in so i need help about how i would move this little tan cover thing thats blockin me from inserting my graphic card, heres the model and motherboard if this helps but plz help

ET1641-02w ECS MCP73VT-PM Intel® Celeron® X2 E1400 2.0 GHz

coltpem

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
well this sucker wont move at all i tried sliding it and pulling it up n all that but it wont move but umm i got the GT240 some computer expert guy told me it would work perfect with my computer said its what he uses so yea idk how the hell to do it lol

coltpem

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
trying to figure out how to send a picture of it i got one off google images that looks exactly like it but duno how to put it on there lol when i click insert picture it tells me to t ype a url?? duno what id put for the url

coltpem

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

think that might work?

I found pictures of that motherboard online, though none are of decent quality or resolution. The PCI-E slot appears to have a clip on the end, but from the low res pictures it doesn't look like the standard latch I'm accustomed to.

coltpem

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

yea its not even really a latch it just looks like it was ment to be there but has a lil part like u should be able to slide it or somethin but it dont move

I think this is his motherboard:
ecs-mcp73vt1.jpg

000451285.jpg

That's not a normal clip. Looks like instead of moving side to side, it moves up/down. I think it "hinges" like a RAM clip rather than being a latch like a normal PCI-E slot would have. Never seen one like that on any of my motherboards before. Probably have to sink the GPU down into the slot, then lift the clip up? If so, that's going to be a huge pain in the butt when you consider there's virtually no room under the GPU to get your fingers under there.

Pallimud

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
I had a motherboard like that before. You simply have to lift it upward then put the card in. Try doing that first, before putting the card, just to see. There should be very little room to move, but enough to open the slot fully.