Sign in with
Your question

PC for Editing AMD Phenom 2 X6 1100T

Last response: in CPUs
May 14, 2011 8:26:22 PM

Hello everyone,
I'm planning to replace my old dual core AMD X2 7750BE with AMD Phenom 2 X6 1100T with 8gigs of RAM and a motherboard(not sure which one).
I already have 2TB Hard Drives(1TB each), a Coolermaster 550W SMPS and ATI Radeon 5570.
So no expenses on these things.
I would be so glad if you people could guide me in assembling the new rig.
My Budget (max):
For Processor : Rs.14K
For MB: Rs.8K
RAM 8 gigs: Rs.6K

So what I want to know if there'd be a better replacement for this rig. Mind it the rig is purely for video editing and a very nominal After Effects work. No gameplay at all.
Please guys help me out.

More about : editing amd phenom 1100t

a b à CPUs
May 14, 2011 8:33:52 PM

please buy SB.Its way more better and upgradeable.i3 is way better than the x6.
m
l
Related resources
May 14, 2011 9:25:44 PM

ghnader hsmithot said:
please buy SB.Its way more better and upgradeable.i3 is way better than the x6.

How come I3 better than X6? To be very honest I'm not very technical...but as far as I've heard X6 is something between I5 and I7. I might be wrong, so just please enlighten me more.
m
l
May 14, 2011 9:25:48 PM

Quote:
what is your current motherboard, it may support am3 6-core processors, which would save you quite a lot of money in terms of RAM and your MOBO costs.

My current MB does support the processor in question but I've got some serious issues with it, like it's got only only 2 Dims for RAM and only 2 SATA ports (and right now I've three SATA based things in my cabinet: 2 Hard drives and a DVD writer). So no matter what the case is I've to upgrade the motherboard.
m
l
May 14, 2011 9:40:29 PM

Hey thanks for the links, the anandtech one was quite useful.
The I7 2600K is a little over my budget but manageable. But the motherboard is not what I want, it should have atleast 4 dims for RAM and USB3.
m
l
!