ASRock z68 Extreme3 Gen3 - Ethernet troubles?

WashuR

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
I attempted to build my new computer some three weeks ago. Needless to say, after everything was hooked up and running smoothly, I decided to plug in my ethernet cord into my Motherboard and after 30 minutes of fiddling around with it, I still had no internet. I decided to install the drivers and I noticed that Windows wasn't reading the disc, I checked the tray via computer and it said there was no disc inside the tray.

Keep in mind I have a stock 2005 Hard Drive and that's all there really is that is stock on this computer. I would guess that you'd need to install the drivers but how could I with Windows not recognizing it? Anyone have any help? I really want to avoid spending another few hours getting everything in shape and have this issue come up again. Thanks.

dummos

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
check the sata connections to your dvd drive or the drive may be faulty itself.
i actually installed my extreme 3 gen3 without a dvd drive at all by copying the entire disc contents to a usb on my laptop then plugging the usb into the gen 3 note. if you do this keep in mind to use the usb 2.0 port as the usb 3.0 driver installation is on the disc i found

WashuR

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012

I was actually thinking it may have been a faulty connection but I highly doubt it. As for my DVD drive, I rarely use it but when I do, it's always performed except that one night.