Quickbuild in the order of host events

I'm currently playing as CoM and the quickbuild seems to "hick up"
every now and then. As it goes nowadays I keep lot of my colonists on
ships, sometimes I can't/wont use BDM to automatically beam down money
at the end of turn. This leads to the problem.

When I beam down money from ships to base and quickbuild a ship there
on the same turn it quite often doesnt get build. Is there something
that explains this? Some buildings (gov.cent, ord plant) taking actions
between beaming down money and the quickbuild? I've been taking care
that the money (and other resources) on the base are sufficient and
this has happened a few times now.

Any help appreciated.

Skies
8 answers Last reply
More about quickbuild order host events

    As far as I remember quickbuild happens before any orders of ships are
    executed, eg. the transfer of money to the base.
    In any case all base jobs, which do cost resources, like supplies,
    money etc., are done after movement, but before ship Command Codes
    (which beam down or up anything), and this includes gov center
    transfer, ord production, farm income and the like. You will get the
    revenue of the contra selling and the taxes before quickbuild, but that
    is about all.
    I do not remember about fighter,part and mech construction, if it was
    before or after or if it did depend on the actual order you did give
    the orders.
    Otherwise look up the pending orders, the ships which are build are
    displayed therein as some other things, like pod launching, are, too.
    And except for the contra buying and selling they are executed, if
    possible (the impossible ones are just skipped and not evaluated again
    that turn), in the order given by the pending orders.

    Skies wrote:
    > I'm currently playing as CoM and the quickbuild seems to "hick up"
    > every now and then. As it goes nowadays I keep lot of my colonists
    on
    > ships, sometimes I can't/wont use BDM to automatically beam down
    money
    > at the end of turn. This leads to the problem.
    >
    > When I beam down money from ships to base and quickbuild a ship there
    > on the same turn it quite often doesnt get build. Is there something
    > that explains this? Some buildings (gov.cent, ord plant) taking
    actions
    > between beaming down money and the quickbuild? I've been taking care
    > that the money (and other resources) on the base are sufficient and
    > this has happened a few times now.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Skies

    You can transfer down cash and use it to quickbuild if the ship is over
    the base at start of turn.

    Factories, Govt centers, Ord plants, etc. get to use the cash first.
    Especially keep an eye on the factories & GC which take the cash they
    will be using from the 'projected income' column, not the cash total.

    This is most likely your problem.

    Is the Com getting to bother you in FEoLC 4?
    Or why are you putting up wrong info?
    Or do you just not know that somethings you have written in that post
    are wrong?

    david_ba...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > You can transfer down cash and use it to quickbuild if the ship is
    over
    > the base at start of turn.
    >
    > Factories, Govt centers, Ord plants, etc. get to use the cash first.
    > Especially keep an eye on the factories & GC which take the cash they
    > will be using from the 'projected income' column, not the cash total.

    How can it be that the gov center and factories, etc., steal the cash
    needed,
    when they are only able to do so after movement while the ships are
    constructed before?

    (Only buildings that are build before movement, when the supplies and
    money is available,might be able to use the money before ship
    construction.)

    > This is most likely your problem.

    Thanks. I did some simming, not extensive enough yet, but very
    interesting results. I had around 22 000 mc's on the base and another
    22 000 I beamed down from a Sagittarius. With that I was able to
    build, according to client: 6 ships (~ 6000mc each) and 150 fighters
    (5250mc). Next turn 5 ships and 150 fighters showed up. There wasn't
    really anything on the base to use up the credits.

    So, either some of the money from sagittarius was used in the
    quickbuilding or tax income from the colonists came in before
    quickbuild. But does any of that make sense?

    I'll probably sim some more today after work.

    Skies

    I also confimed one can use all the beamed down money to purchase
    fighers (all show up next turn). But that really wasn't an issue.

    It also seems that the CoM population on sagittarius (other ships not
    tested) don't pay correct amount of taxes if the ships capacity is full
    (10 mill colonists). Unrelated issue as well.

    Final outcome of the sims.

    Money beamed down from the ships can not be used to build ships the
    same turn. Both Quickbuild and normal build.

    However, host-program does use the tax income, generated at the very
    beginning of the host run, in ship building! Tax income is before
    quickbuild and normal build, i guess. And it sort of makes sense too.

    So say you have 50 000mc on base, you beam down another 50 000mc to
    build a ship worth 100 000mcs. It will not happen. UNLESS the base has
    tax income of +50 000/mc/turn in which case, you will never notice the
    difference.

    I guess this calls for naming that a bug. BDM is a way to circle this
    around, but should there be a case when you don't want to use the CC
    (for example to check the income on your ship) you just might end up
    few ships short.

    No biggie, but mystery solved.

    Skies

    Skies schrieb:
    > Final outcome of the sims.
    >
    > Money beamed down from the ships can not be used to build ships the
    > same turn. Both Quickbuild and normal build.
    >
    > However, host-program does use the tax income, generated at the very
    > beginning of the host run, in ship building! Tax income is before
    > quickbuild and normal build, i guess. And it sort of makes sense too.
    >
    > So say you have 50 000mc on base, you beam down another 50 000mc to
    > build a ship worth 100 000mcs. It will not happen. UNLESS the base has
    > tax income of +50 000/mc/turn in which case, you will never notice the
    > difference.
    >
    > I guess this calls for naming that a bug. BDM is a way to circle this
    > around, but should there be a case when you don't want to use the CC
    > (for example to check the income on your ship) you just might end up
    > few ships short.
    >
    > No biggie, but mystery solved.
    >
    > Skies

    By using BDC instead of BDM you get the amount of cash beamed down in
    the log of the ship and so know the income of the ship.

    Bye-Bye JoSch.

    So the outcome is as I said in my first post.

    And then you have obviously forgotten to test whether quickbuild base
    structures
    steal money intended for the quickbuild ships, as it is possible to
    have base structures also build at the beginning of a turn (in fact
    they will about always if the supplies and money is available at the
    beginning of the turn).

    Skies wrote:
    > Final outcome of the sims.
    >
    > Money beamed down from the ships can not be used to build ships the
    > same turn. Both Quickbuild and normal build.
    >
    > However, host-program does use the tax income, generated at the very
    > beginning of the host run, in ship building! Tax income is before
    > quickbuild and normal build, i guess. And it sort of makes sense too.
    >
    > So say you have 50 000mc on base, you beam down another 50 000mc to
    > build a ship worth 100 000mcs. It will not happen. UNLESS the base
    has
    > tax income of +50 000/mc/turn in which case, you will never notice
    the
    > difference.
    >
    > I guess this calls for naming that a bug. BDM is a way to circle
    this
    > around, but should there be a case when you don't want to use the CC
    > (for example to check the income on your ship) you just might end
    up
    > few ships short.
    >
    > No biggie, but mystery solved.
    >
    > Skies

    Other structures aren't relevant for my game, so I left them out on
    purpose. It was actually like you said at first post, but one has to
    take the longer paths to gather experience. =)

    Thanks for help,

    Skies

Games Events Video Games