Hello everyone, today i have a huge problem. I have Comcast 12 Mbps connection and my PCI express card use to get avg 10-12 but started acting up and only gets 1-7 Mbps sometimes even lower than upload speed. I then started to get really pissed so i opened my Airlink USb Adapter( The PCI express card is alot Airlink) and the difference from connection is Huge, i avg disconnects and under 7 Mbps with the PCi card while i get great connection with the usb card whats wrong? my PCI express card died out ?
o yea the weird thing is my roommate gets full speed 24 Mbps WTF lol im getting only 8-10 max thoguh he is closer to it by 10-20 feet.
10 routers within usable range of your's -- that's enough to cause problems unless somehow all are on channels at least five away from your channel (for example if you are on 6, only 1 and 11 will not affect you if they are within range).
You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.
yea thats what im planing men i like my room set up so much tough lol. yea ill have to decide if 10 Mbps vs 24 mbps is worth the move lol. still weird though the usb adapter only gains 2 foot of being closer to the router yet it get 4 mbps more speed. is it due to that im next to a wall where i seem to get 100 % connection from my neighbors? i only get 89 from mine. Thank yOU!