Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Why am I getting this error when I try to install Windows 7?

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
November 25, 2011 1:15:55 PM

I'm clean installing Windows 7 on a new system I just built from an burned .iso on a DVD and all is fine until I get past the language selection.

I get the error:
http://www.mcbsys.com/techblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/...

Using a HP 1260i DVD writer as my drive.
Quote:
Operating Systems Supported
-Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional SP4 / XP / Vista (32 bit or 64 bit) or later

Is Windows 7 implied after it says later, or is it really not supported?
Apparently it is: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-...
Hmmm...

I've tried:
-Changing SATA port mode settings from IDE to AHCI and RAID in BIOS, but a white line blinks in the top corner after the MB screen pops up.
-Putting the SATA cable connecting the disk drive into a 3gb/s port from the 6gb/s port.
-Burning the .iso again, but to no avail.
FAQ:
-I didn't get a driver CD with the drive I purchased.
-I did set the disk drive to the first boot device.


Thanks.

Computer specifications, if you need them:
i5 2500k
8GB DDR3 1600
1TB HDD
MSi GTX560Ti
MSi Z68-G45 G3


More about : error install windows

November 25, 2011 1:25:49 PM

What is the source for the ISO? Maybe try finding another one or a genuine W7 install disk. Another option for you is to try and install via USB thumbdrive. I have never done it but I know it's possible.
m
0
l
November 25, 2011 1:28:09 PM

I'll try burning another, but I can't until Saturday morning.
Only have a 2GB flash drive, if all else fails I'll just go out and splurge on a 4GB.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 25, 2011 1:41:20 PM

Sad part is I don't have another computer besides a Macbook 4,1 (2008) laptop, could I format the USB drive by opening cmnd prompt by pressing shift+F10 on the clean system, then enter the disk into my Macbook and transfer the files there?
m
0
l
November 25, 2011 2:51:13 PM

adslol said:
I'm clean installing Windows 7 on a new system I just built from an burned .iso on a DVD and all is fine until I get past the language selection.

I get the error:
http://www.mcbsys.com/techblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/...

Using a HP 1260i DVD writer as my drive.
Quote:
Operating Systems Supported
-Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional SP4 / XP / Vista (32 bit or 64 bit) or later

Is Windows 7 implied after it says later, or is it really not supported?
Apparently it is: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-...
Hmmm...

I've tried:
-Changing SATA port mode settings from IDE to AHCI and RAID in BIOS, but a white line blinks in the top corner after the MB screen pops up.
-Putting the SATA cable connecting the disk drive into a 3gb/s port from the 6gb/s port.
-Burning the .iso again, but to no avail.
FAQ:
-I didn't get a driver CD with the drive I purchased.
-I did set the disk drive to the first boot device.


Thanks.

Computer specifications, if you need them:
i5 2500k
8GB DDR3 1600
1TB HDD
MSi GTX560Ti
MSi Z68-G45 G3



Use a friends PC and download device driver, copy to a USB thumbdrive or burn to CD.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 25, 2011 7:46:55 PM

Hi

I have never heard of a modern ATA or SATA DVD drive needing a driver not found on a Windows XP, Vista or 7 disk

you have not said what the source of the ISO of Win 7 is or it's version & 32 or 64 bit
Do you have a checksum or hash value to confirm it is not corrupted ?

The DVD Drive may be faulty, the DVD-r you burnt may be faulty (or need burning at a slower speed)

You could try with the internal Graphics only and fit the MSi GTX560Ti after successfully installing Windows

What is the rating of your PSU (is it high enough for the graphics card) ?

regards

Mike Barnes
m
0
l
November 25, 2011 9:52:13 PM

Quote:
you have not said what the source of the ISO of Win 7 is or it's version & 32 or 64 bit

It's P2P, *nudge*. I'll try an OEM .iso when I get a chance instead of the P2P one.

Quote:
What is the rating of your PSU (is it high enough for the graphics card)?

It's 750W, overkill by ~250W according to newegg's calculator.
m
0
l
Related resources
!