Best Memory for ASUS M4A785T-M/CSM Mobo?

I was hoping to get a little advice on what the best RAM for my ASUS M4A785T-M/CSM mobo would be? It can accommodate up to 16 gigs (I am looking to max it out). I was asking around and someone told me to go with G Skill. I have absolutely no idea what my best bet would be. Maybe someone could give me some idea based on my motherboard/processor setup?

Motherboard: ASUS M4A785T-M/CSM
Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 630 (2.8Ghz) (Quad Core) AM3 Socket

Thanks!
7 answers Last reply
More about best memory asus m4a785t mobo
  1. You don't mention how much memory you already have installed, and in what configuration it is installed.
  2. Abekl, sorry about that. I am currently only running 2 GB (2 x 1 GB) on a 64 bit OS. I am hoping to get a set of 4 x 4 GB.
  3. Thanks so much! Just curious, though. Over Christmas I bought the CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800), but after I installed them, I couldn't get my computer to boot. I tried each of the cards separately but no luck. Was it just that all of the cards were DOA or were they incompatible with my mobo? I just sent them back because I had a feeling it was the latter.
  4. Hmm. Clearly your system didn't like that memory for some reason. I don't know why as it is very compatible memory. Perhaps this time try the Geil or G.Skill memory.
  5. Ok, thanks. I am going to try some the G. Skill this time and I will get the 1333 PC 3 10600 or 10666 since that's what I am currently running. I will keep my fingers crossed. Seems like very time I try to upgrade I get some kind of issue like this. XD
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Asus Motherboards Product