Random event bluescreen

rock_pape_rmetal

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Hello everyone!

I've got a problem with my newly homebuilt computer.
It has (pretty recently) begun sending me to bluescreens for no apparent reason what i can see.
When the bluescreen pops up it doesn't take long until it restarts so i haven't been able to read the whole message but what iv'e made out is that it seems to be some kind of hardware malfunction. I'm also speculating if it might be my graphics card drivers since i had truble installing radeons catalyst control center but it felt like that would make the bluescreens appear when it was installed and not several weeks later.

My computers hardware is:
MB: Msi 870A-G54
GPU: Saphire Radeon HD6800
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955

I'm running it with windows 7.

If anyone knows what the problem might be I would be happy to hear your thougts concerning this.
Have a good one!
Sincerely
Rock_pape_rmetal

First (easy step) is to test your RAM which might also be causing that symptom.
Grab a copy of MemTest86+ http://www.memtest.org/ and set up a multi-pass run test, maybe five or more runs, and see if the RAM passes.

rock_pape_rmetal

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Ok i ran the memtest but no errors showed up... though i think i just ran one pass. It took like an hour and a half or something like that and it said "one pass, no errors". I didn't really understand the program at first but now i've figured it out. Have'nt tried to run a diskcheck/repair yet. Ihad to do schoolwork today and have some let for tomorrow but i will run the test thouroughly tomorrow and make the 5 passes properly! Will update here when it's done since it seems to take a while! You just have to boot it and then just wait right? You don't have to make any special settings or anything like that?

Tripwire100

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I agree , most likely RAM. Try taking one stick out ,test it, then the other. Did you check the compatability list of RAM for your motherboard (usually on the manufacturer site)? I've had bad RAM pass memtest before and also on 2 builds I've lowered RAM speed a notch and it will run great.

rock_pape_rmetal

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Ok so i did the memtest vid 5 full passes but no errors showed up... I have'nt got any more blue screens in a while but then again when they happened they came totally unexpected from absolute random events! Have'nt done anything to try and fix the hard drive either. You guy's think that that could be the problem? How do i do to fix it anyways? Is there any windows tools for this kind of stuff?

rock_pape_rmetal

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Did the HDD diagnostic now and lifeguard could'nt find any errors =S... I have a Western digital drive so i know it'sthe correct diagnostics program. Haven't gotten any more blue screens now for a while though. Cannot figure out what this might be!

TRENDING THREADS