New Speakers Suggestions

nxtstep

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
Hey everyone... i looked around for speakers section didnt find it so thought i can post in here. Sorry if this doesnt fall in here but thought it would fit in..

I currently have bose companion 3 speakers.. i know lot of people hate them but honestly their not bad... i had logitech z5500 which i popped so i changed to these for past 3 years and never had an issue so far.. i was wanting to get a nice setup with a real 5.1...trying to stop wearing headphone (AKG k701).. I am using the onboard sound now off asus p8p67 which is realtek..

if you have any suggestions please let me know i would love to change these out to something nice. Mainly going to be for gaming or music listening.

kfitzenreiter

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
You can't do much better than the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 or 5.1 for surround sound.

It will set you back about $140 or so for the 2.1 but the subwoofer is awesome and it sound way better than any other pc speaker system I've listened too.

nxtstep

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011

hey thanks for the input..i looked around i like the klipsch promedia 5.1 just have a ? for anyone out there that can answer it.. look on the back of the sub it looks like its a regular wiring red/black for each speaker.. does anyone have any pics of the main unit that controls the speakers and connects to the computer... i would like to see if it has a digital in or how it even connects.

thanks